HDS Systems Poll: Team Clicky or Team Rotary?

Team Clicky or Team Rotary?

• Total voters

moltenmag

Enlightened
So what's it going to be HDS fan? Team Clicky or Team Rotary? Vote now in the poll above (web view in CPF app) and tell me why down below! (pic done by me...)

6sfm20.jpg

Last edited:

RCS1300

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a Rotary and Clicky programmed the same but 99 percent of the time I am grabbing the Clicky mostly because of the Prometheus pocket clip.

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Q. How come that before I voted I could see the other voters' names, and now I've voted, I can't?

A. You need to click on the number that represents the number of votes cast, Mr. Yeti. That then shows the Voters' names.
P

Last edited:

JPA261

Flashlight Enthusiast
Time to settle this once and for all. Maybe....Well clicky for me!

Stoneking

Enlightened
So, some might not realize. The app doesn't let you vote. Need a web browser.

InvisibleFrodo

Enlightened
I have a Rotary and Clicky programmed the same but 99 percent of the time I am grabbing the Clicky mostly because of the Prometheus pocket clip.

Same here.

The Prometheus pocket clip is virtually perfect in my opinion. The perfect compliment to the HDS.

The thing that keeps the rotary from winning in my mind is the pocket clip. Sure you can use a holster, but then things get bulky... And I'm paranoid I will somehow damage the rotary if I drop it. I also worry (probably unnecessarily) about water and to a lesser degree dust.

Like my Spy 007. The only complaint is I worry about both rotary knobs and the potential for water ingress.

slumber

Flashlight Enthusiast
So, some might not realize. The app doesn't let you vote. Need a web browser.

I'm not sure if the app is the same as Tapatalk, but if there are 3 dots on the top right side of screen, click those and then click "web view".

BTW...All Clicky, all the time!
I know the Rotary can be used like a Clicky, the same way a convertible can be used like a hard top, but I don't care for the Rotary or the convertible.

Last edited:

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I voted Clicky, but the Rotary / Tactical is just a different tool. It does things the Clicky can't do, so I'm glad so far that I have one. But given my druthers, I always pick up the Clicky.
P

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Love the picture!

Now, I have to go, make another CPF account with a different name, then come back in here so I can vote for both. Until then, I have to go Rotary.

Random Dan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Rotary all day everyday and twice on Sunday.

Both are easy to use, but the rotary fundamentally changes how you use a flashlight by allowing gradual change to match the adjustment of your eyes.

INFRNL

Flashlight Enthusiast
+1 to what Random Dan said.

I'm on the rotary team. This could possibly change when the next gen clicky comes with ramping. That could make it 50/50 then...will have to see

However i do have an older clicky which i think according to what i read from Hondo would be a Legacy clicky...and i have a couple of the 2.18 versions coming when the July 6th orders ship

Last edited:

greatscoot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Currently all my HDS are Rotary. I just sold my only clicky, but only because it was replaced by the 4000K HiCRI. As much as I like the Rotary, I really liked the clicky too. It always worked, easy programming and EASY access to high from any level.

I vote for both!