The Fenix-Store        
Page 1 of 19 1234567811 ... LastLast

Thread: HDS Systems EDC: Suggestions #1

Default HDS Systems EDC: Suggestions #1

Thought I would create this thread purely for suggestions in regards to modifying or improving HDS Systems and it's products/firmware. Please keep your comments purely focused on how to improve HDS Systems lights and it's products. If you suggested something and it became a reality, post your name in here and what was suggested and your name will be added to the HDS Systems Hall of Fame List below. To prevent duplicates, a Suggestion List has been added with topics that have been already discussed. Let the suggestions begin!

Last edited by moltenmag; 07-24-2018 at 05:53 AM.

Default Re: HDS Systems EDC: Suggestions #1

I would also say, if you suggested something, and it became a reality, put yourself in here and reference your post when you suggested it.

My claim to fame... Candle mode. Well, there are a few other things, but I'm most proud of candle mode. LOL!
    Thor's Hammer Custom Leather
    I'm old, cranky, and don't like private messages. Please don't private message me as that is reserved for moderators giving me warnings that I rightly deserve. Thank you.

I've suggested good customer service, but that hasn't been implemented yet.

Quote Originally Posted by zeroair View Post
    I've suggested good customer service, but that hasn't been implemented yet.
    dkf;afdneoenadladiho!!!!

LOL!
    I'm old, cranky, and don't like private messages. Please don't private message me as that is reserved for moderators giving me warnings that I rightly deserve. Thank you.

tyu suggested ramping in the Clicky.

Kaichudento and Archimedes suggested aluminum bronze

I would still like to see a blinky battery level indicator, maybe a few clicks from off..
    "Do yourself a favor, pick up an HDS Rotary and EDC it for a week.. -You can thank me later."

Quote Originally Posted by indigon View Post
    I would still like to see a blinky battery level indicator, maybe a few clicks from off..
    I've brought it up with Henry a few times. He's not opposed to it if it can be done in a meaningful way, but he feels they just are not accurate. I'll bring it up to him again and see.

Quote Originally Posted by Hogokansatsukan View Post
    dkf;afdneoenadladiho!!!!

LOL!

I would like to see a firmware/software update that allows both Clicky and Rotary tails to be used on the same head. Or a way in programming/options menu to switch from "Clicky Mode" to "Rotary Mode."
    Last edited by moltenmag; 07-18-2018 at 11:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by moltenmag View Post
    I would like to see a firmware/software update that allows both Clicky and Rotary tails to be used on the same head. Or a way in programming/options menu to switch from "Clicky Mode" to "Rotary Mode."
    This is already going to happen when the new power supply is comes out. You will also be able to switch between Rotary and Tactical within the options menu.

Just a

This is already going to happen when the new power supply is comes out. You will also be able to switch between Rotary and Tactical within the options menu.
    Bravo! Will current HDS lights be able to support this? Or just the newer ones?

I spent a lot of time over lunch on three separate occasions trying in vain to convince Henry that the Ti Rotary could be a big hit but Hogo should be getting a huge credit here in the thread for bringing it to fruition. Tenacity!
    Marduke - Solitaire...I've seen matches which are brighter AND have a longer runtime. 光陰矢の如し

Quote Originally Posted by kaichu dento View Post
    I spent a lot of time over lunch on three separate occasions trying in vain to convince Henry that the Ti Rotary could be a big hit but Hogo should be getting a huge credit here in the thread for bringing it to fruition. Tenacity!
    It was a group effort. Henry has had several people try and get him to do titanium. I can't take credit for this. The idea has been out for a long time... I just won't take "no" for an answer. LOL!

Bravo! Will current HDS lights be able to support this? Or just the newer ones?
    Just the new lights when they come out. The brains are too small in the current light. We need more intelligent elves in there.

It was a group effort. Henry has had several people try and get him to do titanium. I can't take credit for this. The idea has been out for a long time... I just won't take "no" for an answer. LOL!
    Who suggested Nat HAIII?

Just the new lights when they come out. The brains are too small in the current light. We need more intelligent elves in there.
    ETA: Henry 2 Weeks?

ETA: Henry 2 Weeks?
    Henry two months.

I'm hoping the new brains can handle 6 volts.

Who suggested Nat HAIII?
    @ampdude ?

Might have been others .... I know that @nbp has been interested in this for a while.
    ... is the archimedes peak

I supported it, until the price rolled out. Hahaha.

I was a supporter of NRA Blue, though, and possibly the one to suggest it. I canít recall. ??? Whoís the historian?

Just a internet-troll.jpg
    No that really wasn't a troll. A buggy website and Henry's obstinace when he's presented with the evidence and consequences of a buggy website are legitimate issues. It did make a collector and adamant fan of HDS completely give up on the brand instead of buying one of the $1000 Ti editions. He might still be a little salty about it but he isn't trolling.

A related suggestion: fix the website to properly work when used with the most popular web browser on the planet.
    Try the largest, fastest, most flexible flashlight search engine: parametrek.com
    41 brands, 2124 models and still growing!
    NEW: battery search, sleeping pads search

Quote Originally Posted by Slumber Pass View Post
    I'm hoping the new brains can handle 6 volts.
    That is the plan... even down to 1.5 volt. Yep. It will be an extremely versatile light when it finally arrives.
    We have a lot of irons in the fire with a new light but don't expect anything for a year tops.
    Most of the suggestions that have been made over the years... well, we are planning to incorporate.

Henry used to do updates and upgrades and not bother to even let people know it was done. I think there are probably at least 10 different upgrades to the Rotary from the first to those now shipping. Some barely noticeable and some not noticeable at all to the end user.

Quote Originally Posted by parametrek View Post
    No that really wasn't a troll. A buggy website and Henry's obstinace when he's presented with the evidence and consequences of a buggy website are legitimate issues. It did make a collector and adamant fan of HDS completely give up on the brand instead of buying one of the $1000 Ti editions. He might still be a little salty about it but he isn't trolling.

A related suggestion: fix the website to properly work when used with the most popular web browser on the planet.
    A new website is actually in the process right now. Henry is maintaining the current horrible one (and my feelings about that monstrosity have been well documented on the forum) until the new one launches... which Henry is not building. We paid a professional to do it, and meet with them every couple of weeks.

However, coming into a thread and simply posting a vague one-liner is trolling. If he has a legitimate issue, spell it out. If Henry impregnated his dog and refused to pay puppy support, then say it. There isn't a thing I can do unless I know what he is talking about. Something as vague as "customer service" doesn't mean crap. Give the specifics like you did with the web site. When I know specifics, I can address it. It would be like me jumping into another thread and stating "xxxxlight is a piece of crap." and not bothering to say I owned 10 and all of them failed for whatever reason. While my reasoning for thinking it is crap is valid, the post appears to be troll.

I know there are a few on the forum who who have been "turned off" for one reason or another, but if I don't know the reason, there isn't anything I can do about it. Henry's "2 weeks" bullcrap, and yes, that was crap! That was something I could fix, and have. I need to know the actual issues if they are to be resolved. If someone's butt hurt and can't post why, then that more than likely is their own psychological issue that needs to be cured with counseling or medication. I myself, don't have time for that BS. I'll be happy to address an actual problem or concern, but not a vague statement.

Lower shipping costs for small items would help. I had attempted to purchase a clip from HDS many years ago. The minimum shipping quote was $15.

I just checked out a $6 replacement rubber button. Default shipping is $15. This is one of the main reasons I make HDS related purchases from the HDS authorized dealers list instead of directly from Henry. Yes, time is money. These small orders may not be worth it for him since it cost him time to handle and package the items.
    Last edited by Cerealand; 07-18-2018 at 03:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerealand View Post
    Lower shipping costs for small items would help. I had attempted to purchase a clip from HDS many years ago. The minimum shipping quote was $15.

I just checked out a $6 replacement rubber button. Default shipping is $15. This is one of the main reasons I make HDS related purchases from the HDS authorized dealers list instead of directly from Henry. Yes, time is money. These small orders may not be worth it for him.
    Absolutely agree with you. I know just on Monday a small little part was shipped out... in a USPS Priority Small Flat Rate Box. I shook my head, and not in a good way. This does have to change, and I have spoken to Henry about it and will keep doing so.

Up until about a month ago, all the labels were printed out on a huge Xerox printer/copier on the expensive two per sheet label paper and... I could on, but I won't. Finally got an actual thermal label printer in the shipping area. Took me year to get Henry to get one. Yes, I've been working on that even before he and I partnered up. For a month now every time we print one out I say "See Henry, isn't that much easier?" I'm a jerk. I rub it in.

I will keep trying to work on a solution to the small item shipping with Henry.

A battery back up. Ok donít laugh but I was thinking awhile back that these light could /are used in some very dangerous situations. My thought was to be able to install a a replaceable coin batter in the head/tail. If you suffered a total battery problem or it died just when you needed it you could flip on a reserve switch maybe like turning the body 1/4 turn or something to activate the backup battery. Yes it would be low capacity but would run long enough on low low to get your ass out of trouble.im sure there are 100 reasons why this wouldnít work but in my head itís a GREAT idea.
    If i had one day left to live i would want to be at my workplace.Because every day is like a frickin eternity.

Quote Originally Posted by thermal guy View Post
    A battery back up. Ok donít laugh but I was thinking awhile back that these light could /are used in some very dangerous situations. My thought was to be able to install a a replaceable coin batter in the head/tail. If you suffered a total battery problem or it died just when you needed it you could flip on a reserve switch maybe like turning the body 1/4 turn or something to activate the backup battery. Yes it would be low capacity but would run long enough on low low to get your ass out of trouble.im sure there are 100 reasons why this wouldnít work but in my head itís a GREAT idea.
    It is an interesting idea. One would have to have a total catastrophic battery failure though as the way the light is designed, if there is juice in the battery, the light will stay on... even giving you the option of killing your rechargeable battery.

Quote Originally Posted by thermal guy View Post
    Interested as well. Great idea thermal guy. As if these lights canít get any more bombproof...

I see shipping has been evoked...may I bring "cheaper options for international shipping" ? I know international shipping is expensive, you have to deal with customs stuff and it's a pain, but $75 is $75.
    And yes, some dealers offer cheaper options, but the one I know who offered custom lights is now gone
    Want DC-fix? PM me!

Page 1 of 19 1234567811 ... LastLast