Angryfox        
Page 41 of 45 FirstFirst ... 31343536373839404142434445 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 1329

Thread: HDS Systems EDC #21

Default Re: HDS Systems EDC #21

I think it would be cool for HDS to offer different reflector (OP/TIR?) and bezel options (anti-roll, clip mount, trit).

Their lights aren't the cheapest so I'm thinking that would be a good way for them to get more money out of my wallet (if they get a cheaper international shipping option).

Quote Originally Posted by computernut View Post
    bezel options
    you can get trit bezels here: click pic

and anti Roll bezel clips here: (pic is a link)
    Last edited by jon_slider; 10-19-2018 at 08:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Atr View Post
    ...I’ll admit it’s a bit ocd of me but surely that’s partly the allure of hds?
    Yes! Even those of us who are content with the smooth reflector will probably have to admit to some bit of obsession. You're in good company.

Quote Originally Posted by jon_slider View Post
    you can get trit bezels here
    Those vertical tritium inserts are the business. I'd love to get one, but my only hang up is that the slightly larger diameter would make the flashlight incompatible with my Thor's Hammer leather holsters.
    “May it be a light to you in dark places, when all other lights go out.”
    J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

God the bezels are fantastic! I got to get me one of them.
    If i had one day left to live i would want to be at my workplace.Because every day is like a frickin eternity.

Those bezels are "tritium-ready" but don't come with the inserts. Does anyone know where to get the tritium?

Quote Originally Posted by Modernflame View Post
    Those bezels are "tritium-ready" but don't come with the inserts. Does anyone know where to get the tritium?
    mixglo. I believe he operates out of Taiwan. In pitch black conditions, even small amounts of tritium are extremely bright. That bezel filled with tritium would absolutely give away your position.
    Last edited by RCS1300; 10-20-2018 at 07:54 AM.

Thanks! Do you know if the vials are press fit into the slots? Or is there some adhesive?

Thanks! Do you know if the vials are press fit into the slots? Or is there some adhesive?
    Go to the Mixglo site. There is an adhesive used that is cured with a UV light. The adhesive is available for sale. UV lights from Convoy at 365 nm can be purchased for $25.

Quote Originally Posted by Hogokansatsukan View Post
    I'm hoping to be playing with a UV in a week. We shall see. I have an old Inova X5 UV. Just sits and collects dust since getting a Convoy UV.

I checked out the $23.99 Convoy 365 nm nichia UV light available at Gearbest - a Shenzhen China electronics gadget store. The video of the light engine circuit board looked like ( starting at 5:02 in the video link below) it was soldered by a non-professional. Oh my!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=SYmAC_i7xXc
    Last edited by RCS1300; 10-20-2018 at 08:53 AM.

Bart's Tritium Thread is still up and running....
    http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...Tritium-thread

I think lots of people have bought from him, I reckon that'll tell you about Norland Adhesive too.
    P

Those bezels were designed to fit 1.5x6mm tubes perfectly. I think B@rt carries the 1.5x5 tubes. He's very reliable of course, I've bought from him for several other builds that need the shorter tubes, but for the full 6mm tubes that fit these bezels Mixglo.com is the better choice.

Believe it or not super glue works great to hold them in place. Mine are barely visible at night now. I installed them in 2006?Maybe
    If i had one day left to live i would want to be at my workplace.Because every day is like a frickin eternity.

The superglue didn't get milky over time? Or yellowish? The main appeal of Norland isn't that it's strong glue, it isn't even all that strong. But it's _crazy_ clear, like glass-clear, and it stays that way indefinitely. Once I lay a tritium tube into a channel and flood it with Norland, the adhesive completely disappears like the tube is just magically floating in there. A small difference compared with something like superglue maybe, which I'm sure is functionally adequate, but worth the effort to me.

Some fav's , love them all for slightly different reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by emarkd View Post
    The superglue didn't get milky over time? Or yellowish? The main appeal of Norland isn't that it's strong glue, it isn't even all that strong. But it's _crazy_ clear, like glass-clear, and it stays that way indefinitely. Once I lay a tritium tube into a channel and flood it with Norland, the adhesive completely disappears like the tube is just magically floating in there. A small difference compared with something like superglue maybe, which I'm sure is functionally adequate, but worth the effort to me.
    You know I don’t think it did. But your right that other stuff is invisible

Quote Originally Posted by jon_slider View Post
    you can get trit bezels here: click pic

and anti Roll bezel clips here: (pic is a link)
    Thanks for the links, might have to get one of those bezels. Would be cool for HDS to offer some different options though.

Quote Originally Posted by computernut View Post
    Would be cool for HDS to offer some different options though.
    I'm with you on that, but in the past HDS's approach to this seems to have been to hang back and let the secondary market do that stuff, leaving HDS themselves free to focus on making the best damn core product they can -- the flashlight. I mean, its a pretty small team of folks over there and only so many hours in the day.

That said, the recent parade of funky reflectors we've seen released may signal a change in direction, so who knows what we may see soon.

Absolutely Norland; it's what they use for assembling expensive lens assemblies where any tinting could be catastrophic, and more importantly still, a favorite of CPF for several years now.
    Marduke - Solitaire...I've seen matches which are brighter AND have a longer runtime. 光陰矢の如し

I tend to post more photos on the HDS Systems EDC Facebook page as it's easier to do than here but here goes.

A photo of the beam tints of my ever growing HDS light collection. All HDS stock emitters from Left to Right

Nichia 219C 2700K, Nichia 219C 3000K, Nichia 219C 4000K, Nichia 219B 4000K, Cree XP-L 4000K, Nichia 219B 4500K, Nichia 219A 4500K, Nichia 219C 5700K & Luxeon LED 6000K

Last edited by d13avo; 10-21-2018 at 11:30 AM. Reason: Added Emitter Types

I love collection photos! Thanks for posting. Would you kindly identify each emitter for us?

Flashaholic*

This picture is not new. I posted this compare of different HDS Lights in the "legendary 2700K, 3000K, 3500K and 4000K Thread" of Hogos last group buy. In febuary I am able to add 4500K, 4000K and 3500K 9080 219b aswell Than I will update this compare.

Still looking for Surefire G2 in Orange.
    If you have one you don't like please PM me.

I love collection photos! Thanks for posting. Would you kindly identify each emitter for us?
    Hi Modernflame, no problem just editied.

Nine HDSs, is that all of them or do you have a couple for just in case?
    P

Quote Originally Posted by peter yetman View Post
    Nine HDSs, is that all of them or do you have a couple for just in case?
    P
    Lol, I also have two Hyper Reds, one Forensic Blue, one Hunter Green and a Titanium, bronze and brass on vacation in Tucson Arizona

Like Hondo says... don't drop it on the lens.

Yay, it's Pumelled! I knew Henry would not get rid of him - thanks Hogo. I love that my post describing him is in the background!

I searched high and low for the original photo of him that used to be on the pre-Novatac HDS web site, to no avail. The new model is there now, having suffered equal abuse, but this was always my favorite abused HDS.
    Last edited by Hondo; 10-21-2018 at 11:53 AM. Reason: fix missing quote info

This would use the same head as the 123, 18650, 2AA, 18350... it requires a different elf in the light.
    Also with this, the head would distinguish between an Executive and Rotary tail, and things like Tactical and LE mode would be user selectable.
    The new driver sounds like a great development. The ability to swap in a Rotary for a Clicky tail, without a trip to Arizona seems like a great improvement, and the ability to have switchable mode groups.

When can I buy a Rotary with the new Elf?:-)

This H17f driver has some similarities to the Historical HDS UIs, including 24 visually linear ramping steps, a shortcut to Maximum, Temperature Regulation, and LiIon protection with a step down at 3v. (Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery)

Plus some similarities to the New Elf, more than one mode group, 18350 compatibility, the option to run higher Lumen levels, and battery level check...

I know of at least One Novatac that is destined to become a triple, with that H17f Programmable Driver ;-)
    Im hoping it will eliminate the low level flicker reported in some Legacy and current HDS models..
    Last edited by jon_slider; 10-22-2018 at 01:39 AM.

Love love LOVE the tint pics!!! Thank you for sharing!!

I'm with you on that, but in the past HDS's approach to this seems to have been to hang back and let the secondary market do that stuff, leaving HDS themselves free to focus on making the best damn core product they can -- the flashlight. I mean, its a pretty small team of folks over there and only so many hours in the day.

That said, the recent parade of funky reflectors we've seen released may signal a change in direction, so who knows what we may see soon.
    I have been trying to push for new and interesting things. Some things are just easier than others to push through. More options are also good.

It can be quite frustrating however. There is only so much time and resources to get things done so obviously, we prioritize heavily. I'm big into getting new things to market quickly and offering lots of options (maybe folks have noticed that). Some things will never come to market if left up to us. If another company wants to produce things for HDS lights, then more power to them. We will even supply the diagrams to help them out and link them on our web page if we feel the product meets our standards.

There are several things in the works right now that will take us to the end of next year. Many of those I had hoped initially to have to market by the end of this year... but reality happened. I'm not a patient man. Just drive through Tucson with me and you will find that out.
    Thor's Hammer Custom Leather
    I'm old, cranky, and don't like private messages. Please don't private message me as that is reserved for moderators giving me warnings that I rightly deserve. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Atr View Post
    I’m still on a quest to get an op reflector for my edc custom, from what hogo has said this isn’t possible as the old op reflectors won’t screw down all the way as the circuit board will get in the way.
    Do be patient. I'm working on it.
    The biggest thing is that we will not have OP coatings done in China, and the US manufacturer who developed the system had gone out of business as a result of the Chinese stealing his technology and then undercutting him. Well, he is back and I have been in contact with him for several months now. It is a distinct possibility that that OP reflector made in the US will be back in the future. I will post updates about this as it happens, so please people, don't call HDS. If you are interested, just follow along here or on the FB page or even... OMG! The HDS web site.
    Thor's Hammer Custom Leather
    I'm old, cranky, and don't like private messages. Please don't private message me as that is reserved for moderators giving me warnings that I rightly deserve. Thank you.

Do be patient. I'm working on it.
    The biggest thing is that we will not have OP coatings done in China, and the US manufacturer who developed the system had gone out of business as a result of the Chinese stealing his technology and then undercutting him. Well, he is back and I have been in contact with him for several months now. It is a distinct possibility that that OP reflector made in the US will be back in the future. I will post updates about this as it happens, so please people, don't call HDS. If you are interested, just follow along here or on the FB page or even... OMG! The HDS web site.
    WooHoo!
    "It's not rocket surgery"

Page 41 of 45 FirstFirst ... 31343536373839404142434445 LastLast