SunwayLED        
Page 31 of 40 FirstFirst ... 21242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: HDS Systems EDC #21

Default Re: HDS Systems EDC #21

Quote Originally Posted by Grijon View Post
    After months of using a pair of rotaries with factory settings, yesterday I finally tried my hand at programming - and I love it!! As has been said by others, it is much easier than I thought it was going to be; thank you very much to all who have said so before because it was only because of having read those posts that I had the gumption to try. My already-great appreciation of these lights has now been at least doubled.
    Marduke - Solitaire...I've seen matches which are brighter AND have a longer runtime. 光陰矢の如し

Quote Originally Posted by Modernflame View Post
    The 3 O'clock is a real beauty. For me the 4500K is still the grail.
    I agree. Sw45 and 219b r9050 are my 2 favorites. 3 o'clock is still a great light when i want something close to pure white.

These 3 choices will always be in my collection.

Glad you enjoy the 3 o'clock, i prefer it over the high noon, but there is only marginal difference between the two (to my eyes)

I definitely don't think it's worthwhile to have both, unless you just want every option

I'm looking forward to the sw35 and sw40 though...these will probably make me pass on my low k 3500k/4000k lights.

Only hesitation is the 3500k as it is 1 of only 4 made. Will be a tough call when the sw35 arrives

Enlightened

Quote Originally Posted by INFRNL View Post
    I agree. Sw45 and 219b r9050 are my 2 favorites. 3 o'clock is still a great light when i want something close to pure white.

These 3 choices will always be in my collection.

Glad you enjoy the 3 o'clock, i prefer it over the high noon, but there is only marginal difference between the two (to my eyes)

I definitely don't think it's worthwhile to have both, unless you just want every option

I'm looking forward to the sw35 and sw40 though...these will probably make me pass on my low k 3500k/4000k lights.

Only hesitation is the 3500k as it is 1 of only 4 made. Will be a tough call when the sw35 arrives
    I agree with you. I also currently prefer those three (sw45, 219b r9050, 3 o'clock) the most followed closely by the 3000K 219c, though I suspect my 2700K 219c will edge that one out when it arrives.

I need to keep reminding myself that the emitters aren't like pokemon. I don't have to have them all, though if you do decide to pass on that 3500K 219c, I'd want it.

I know it's been asked, and I apologize for asking again, but can't find information. What is the size of the o-rings that hold the lens in the bezel assembly ? Thanks in advance !
    Last edited by Lithium466; 09-23-2018 at 02:05 PM.
    Want DC-fix? PM me!

"Do yourself a favor, pick up an HDS Rotary and EDC it for a week.. -You can thank me later."

Quote Originally Posted by tyu View Post
    I agree with you. I also currently prefer those three (sw45, 219b r9050, 3 o'clock) ...
    I am trying to decide between the 3 o'clock and the UV.....Have the other two.

Quote Originally Posted by RCS1300 View Post
    I suppose it depends on your needs, LOL those are two very different emitters for very different applications. You may need to solve this by getting both.....

Does anyone just stick to the standard led that is put in the 250 light? If so how do you think it works for general hey I need a tough light at work and do not need to Determine the exact shade of a color? For an example a car Mechanic or construction worker. I do think that there are “some” cases that require a special tint/color/temp led but for the most part is it simply the point of having a “special” led for your own sake. Honest question here guys not starting an argument but for real world do you really think it matters?
    If i had one day left to live i would want to be at my workplace.Because every day is like a frickin eternity.

Enlightened

I got the Prometheus Beta UV a while back. If you have any obsessive-compulsive tendencies at all, DO NOT investigate your bathrooms. You'll end up in UV goggles and gloves cleaning in the dark.

I can't bring myself to spend HDS-money for a light I use rarely, though I still want a hyper red pretty bad.

I got the Prometheus Beta UV a while back. If you have any obsessive-compulsive tendencies at all, DO NOT investigate your bathrooms. You'll end up in UV goggles and gloves cleaning in the dark.
    You're not wrong, I've had the same experience, but just to put things into perspective... it may not be as bad as you think. Yes some bodily fluids and such fluoresce so you could be seeing what you think you're seeing. But you know something else that fluoresces, maybe even more strongly? The phosphor compounds found in most cleaners. So you may be seeing you (or your son's) poor aim, but you could instead be seeing the soap residue from when it was cleaned up.

Quote Originally Posted by thermal guy View Post
    Does anyone just stick to the standard led that is put in the 250 light?
    Being used to my 170N I found the 250 Tactical a bit of a shock when it arrived.
    I have put a Pink Lee Filter on it to warm it up, but it's still very white. I need a white light at the Brewery for inspecting stainleess steel vats for cleanliness and other jobs. I have to say that the 250 is excellent for my uses, but I wouldn't want to use it in the middle of the night. It's a pure workhorse.
    I think tint matters if it matters to you.
    P

A pure workhorse!! I think that Sums it up perfectly. It does what it was designed to do without the bells and whistles.
    If i had one day left to live i would want to be at my workplace.Because every day is like a frickin eternity.

Enlightened

Does anyone just stick to the standard led that is put in the 250 light? If so how do you think it works for general hey I need a tough light at work and do not need to Determine the exact shade of a color? For an example a car Mechanic or construction worker.
    I used my "standard" cool white XPG 200 for a long time and didn't feel like I was missing anything. These days it feels harsh compared to the warmer tints, so it lives in the truck with a spare primary in case of emergency.

Does anyone just stick to the standard led that is put in the 250 light? If so how do you think it works for general hey I need a tough light at work and do not need to Determine the exact shade of a color? For an example a car Mechanic or construction worker. I do think that there are “some” cases that require a special tint/color/temp led but for the most part is it simply the point of having a “special” led for your own sake. Honest question here guys not starting an argument but for real world do you really think it matters?
    Having both I rarely use the 250. Sure I don't always need better tint/cri, but there is no downside to having it. My 219 rotary is just as tough and utilitarian as the xp-g one, and it looks better.
    Hello darkness my old friend,
    I've come to talk with you again...
    I liked neutral tints before they were cool.

Once the tint bug bites you, it’s difficult or impossible to go back to “typical” LEDs.
    Much like how the lighting in a home has a direct impact on how a room “feels”, I find the tint of a flashlight has a similar effect for me.
    Any flashlight that’s functioning properly should emit light, but when the light emitted is perceived as being pleasant, the light becomes a pleasure to use.
    That’s my experience...

I had the standard 250 emitter in a Tactical Rotary. It was outstanding. Nice white beam. Compared to the LED's in most Chinese lights it was clear to me that Henry picked that one out special.

I migrated to High CRI lights when I realized I needed to see exactly what I was looking to see. Side by side the original 250 LED tinted objects slightly blue compared to the 219b 4000K R9050. As a result, I switched my HDS lights to High CRI only. I work in a lot of different environments and need to see different shades of brown, black, and red. Hard to tell the difference from sight alone between transmission fluid and oil with a standard non-hi CRI led. Hard to tell the difference between dog waste and leaves at night unless you have a high CRI light.

I can't bring myself to spend HDS-money for a light I use rarely, though I still want a hyper red pretty bad.
    My application for a HDS UV light does include bathroom cleanliness but also looking for oil, transmission, power steering, refrigerant, etc fluid leaks, using dye, on my older vehicles; identifying the presence of mice in my weekend house kitchen, bedroom, etc; and identifying any fluid leaks in my house from visiting dogs. The vehicles though would where I would use the light the most.

Good information here.if I had a high hds CRI light would there be a noticeable different in throw over the stock 250? I realize high CRI are around 180-200 range. Throw in my light is kinda important.

Sometimes I think that the virtues of high CRI LED's are over stated. For example, I've never had difficulty discerning shapes or identifying objects with a cool white emitter. Still, I find the high CRI Nichias to be much more fun to use. It's just a matter of preference.
    “May it be a light to you in dark places, when all other lights go out.”
    J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

Quote Originally Posted by peter yetman View Post
    Being used to my 170N I found the 250 Tactical a bit of a shock when it arrived.
    I have put a Pink Lee Filter on it to warm it up, but it's still very white. I need a white light at the Brewery for inspecting stainleess steel vats for cleanliness and other jobs. I have to say that the 250 is excellent for my uses, but I wouldn't want to use it in the middle of the night. It's a pure workhorse.
    I think tint matters if it matters to you.
    P
    Brewery you say?(clicks “friend”)

I think all hds lights have good throw for general use. If you want throw, slight advantage goes to the 250

When i had my 250, i don't remember there being a big advantage in throw, but i could be wrong. If you are only gaining a few ft of usable throw, i will take the more pleasing tint any day.

Good information here.if I had a high hds CRI light would there be a noticeable different in throw over the stock 250? I realize high CRI are around 180-200 range. Throw in my light is kinda important.

The HDS lights are not really throwers. My frame of distance reference is that they are great lights to support a sidearm - out to about 50 feet. When I switched from the stock 250 to a High CRI 200 I did not notice an appreciable difference in the lights ability to clearly illuminate an object out to 50 feet.

Honest question here guys not starting an argument but for real world do you really think it matters?
    Definitely, the high CRI is very necessary in the work of an electrician. Once I needed to take one of the two sacks from the pit. I was told that I needed green, I took the green, then it turned out that it was white, and the true green looked like a dark grayYes, it was my 6PX, but it is better for movement on rough terrain, if you need to look further than 20-30 meters One clarification, my HDS was 140 lm and 6PX 200 lm, the difference in the size of the reflector does its job.

Oh I know they don’t throw. But don’t want to lose any.

No need to lose anything well, or turn on Locator Flash

Quote Originally Posted by Lithium466 View Post
    I know it's been asked, and I apologize to ask again, but can't find information, but what is the size of the o-rings that hold the lens in the bezel assembly ? Thanks in advance !
    I'll find out from Henry tomorrow. There are 2 O-rings, one on each side of the lens and a lens cushion in the bezel. I know the cushion size as it is custom made for the light, but off hand, I'm not sure of the O-ring size.

Get both. We will revoke your flashaholic status if you don't!
    Personally, if you have a High Noon, then 3 O'clock High isn't much different. I hunt scorpions almost every night in the backyard. I don't want those little lobsters in the house. I get all Saddam Husain on them and use chemical weapons of mass destruction. I want them dead before they realize my home is even here. Don't try them with melted butter. Not tasty.

I still use some 140 Clickies. I'm a tint snob to a point. It just depends on what you are doing with the light. I prefer HiCRI though. If it is general use however, the 250 will serve you well.

I checked out my new used home 4 years back with the Forensic Blue light. I'm sure several people were killed here, someone had 57 dogs and cats, and no-one who used the bathroom had any semblance of marksmanship skill.
    Thor's Hammer Custom Leather
    I'm old, cranky, and don't like private messages. Please don't private message me as that is reserved for moderators giving me warnings that I rightly deserve. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Hogokansatsukan View Post
    I'll find out from Henry tomorrow. There are 2 O-rings, one on each side of the lens and a lens cushion in the bezel. I know the cushion size as it is custom made for the light, but off hand, I'm not sure of the O-ring size.
    I would like this info as well...are these by chance supplied with a new lens or available to order? I don’t see them on the site.
    Reason I ask is that I have a spare bezel w/lens cushion that I could use for the double-beryl reflector (if I can score one tomorrow) and save a few bucks over buying the whole assembly. The special metals run has made it necessary to slash the budget wherever possible....
    I only fear that if something happens to me, my wife will sell all my stuff for what I told her I paid for it.

After extensive research, I think they are 1x19mm. Well, they were that size on the legacy lights, maybe that changed ?
    I think you can ask HDS and they'll give you some to put on your reflector assembly
    Want DC-fix? PM me!

I ordered the 4500k for in the brass.

Quote Originally Posted by Lithium466 View Post
    After extensive research, I think they are 1x19mm. Well, they were that size on the legacy lights, maybe that changed ?
    I think you can ask HDS and they'll give you some to put on your reflector assembly
    Thanks Lith, I’ll send a note along if I get in on the Double-Beryl.
    I only fear that if something happens to me, my wife will sell all my stuff for what I told her I paid for it.

Page 31 of 40 FirstFirst ... 21242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast