Feeler: Kroll clicky switch boot clone

yazkaz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have been thinking of making clones of the said boot, as the original boot itself is not very durable and will wear out every few years, but that it cannot be purchased alone.
When that's the case, I'll be left with another bare Kroll clicky internal hoping to have it re-used in another flashlight application.

So how many of you folks are using the Kroll clicky, as well as MagAA mods and Jil lights?
If I have the boot cloned, what colors and materials should I go for? Would GID and silicone be good candidates?
And more importantly, would such boot receive decent reception here?

Feedback appreciated.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I'd be in for a few. Pelican 2320 here. Black preferably.

Another member was asking about cloning old Maglite switch boots. They changed dimensions at some point.

Still another old Streamlight D sized lights made by Kel-Lite.

yazkaz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd be in for a few. Pelican 2320 here. Black preferably.
Another member was asking about cloning old Maglite switch boots. They changed dimensions at some point.
Still another old Streamlight D sized lights made by Kel-Lite.
Funny that you mentioned the Peli 2320. Anyway I'm currently planning on cloning only a part that is not (and has not been) available for purchase separately, such as the bundled Kroll rubber boot.

First I'll need to have a metal mold made, which would cost me $300-400. Then I'll have to make at least 300-500 units from that mold, which means another chunk of money. This investment is not cheap to me and I'll need to find more potential customers for that.

Old Mag switch boot: you mean the flush switch boot used on the C/D etc. bodies? Those I believe are still available online (I've bought them before) so go check. The Mag C/D boot is also something Fivemega has been using in some of his products.

Peli 2320: I did consider having its switch boot cloned as well, but with a slightly different boot height so as to accommodate a McClicky properly. But I guess I'll have to take one step at a time.

DrafterDan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd be in for a few spares. The only torch I have with the Kroll is the Peak LED Nightpatrol 600.
My office is only about 5 miles from the machine shop where they are made. Met the owners and picked this one up. It's a solid torch, but the kroll is a bit outdated

copQ6x.jpg
elroXG.jpg

SvtNT2.jpg

fLtDX6.jpg