Looking for...

troutfisher13111

Newly Enlightened
Hello. First post here. I am looking for reccomendations on a good durable, waterproof LED flashlight. Something not too big(AA or AAA) with long run time. I don't need a ton of Lumens, as less than 100 would be ideal and I don't need a ton of options as far as several output selections. Something I can just turn on and have 50+ lumens that last for 8+ hours on one set of batteries would be perfect. Durability and waterproof are a must as well. Any ideas?

Thank you!

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome! In my opinion it's hard to go wrong with Fenix lights, and it seems that the Fenix FD20 would match your requirements while even letting you change the output from flood to more of a pencil beam depending on your needs. The LD22 is similar as well but might not have the exact runtime requirements you're looking for. It does let you do 30 lumens for quite a long time though, and 100 lumens for almost 8 hours if you use NiMH AA batteries.

I believe there are multiple other brands whose lights would meet these requirements as well. If you see one you can post it here as well and ask for opinions on it.

cp2315

Enlightened
50 lumens for >8 hours might be too much for a single AA light (except for zebralight, which are super efficient, but the UI is kind of complicated for beginner)
1. search for "SC53Fc AA Floody Neutral White High CRI Flashlight"

So you have better chance with 2xAA lights.
2. Search for Zanflare F2 and see if you like it. Should be less than 20USD.
3. Fenix LD22 is great choice too. I have a fenix LD20 from 10 years ago. It still goes like new.

Last edited:

colight

Enlightened
+1 on the FD20. I have the FD41 myself and am perfectly happy with the choice between spot and flood wherever needed. Fenix has a very good reputation wrt keeping true to their warranty. They are known for their quality, and weatherproof is not an option, it is part of the package, even with these zoomies. I tested that myself because I was curious.

http://www.fenixlight.com/ProductMore.aspx?id=2244&tid=33&cid=1#.W1fL_dIzaUk