RMSK, Inc.        
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Emisar D4S

Default Emisar D4S

Any one got the new Emisar D4S yet? It takes single 26650 battery and comes with aux LEDs!!

Default Re: Emisar D4S

Quote Originally Posted by Nichia! View Post
    Any one got the new Emisar D4S yet? It takes single 26650 battery and comes with aux LEDs!!
    Hank hasn't released them yet, but for pre-production samples. I think ToyKeeper has one over on BLF and I guess it should be interesting.

I have the D1S and D4 219CT and I'm looking at the D1. I don't think 26650 lights are all that appealing to me, so I'll probably pass.

Chris
    Convoy: S2, S2+, M1, M2, Fenix: P1D, PD32, HL30, ET: D25C Ti, SF: 6P, ZL: SC-600, Klarus: P2A, Jetbeam: BA-20, Icon: Rogue 1, L3: L10, Xeno: E03, ShiningBeam: I-Mini, Olight: i3s, SWM: D40A, M11R, V11R, Maglite: 6Ds, MMs, Solitaires, LaCrosse BC-700, Maha C-9000, XTAR VP2, MP1S, XP1, MC1+, WP2 II, NiteCore i4, v2.

I was thinking about the d4 Ti for a long time but now I think am in love with the d4s I only hope it comes with many color options for aux LEDs..

I am going to get a D4S if they come in 4000k xpl-hi

It looks very tempting, but it's gonna be too big for a jeans pocket/EDC and the slightly larger Fireflies Rot66 should take over for jacket pocket/hiking walking duty.

Vinh's dedomed SST20 version has me curious though.

Quote Originally Posted by twistedraven View Post
    It looks very tempting, but it's gonna be too big for a jeans pocket/EDC and the slightly larger Fireflies Rot66 should take over for jacket pocket/hiking walking duty.

Vinh's dedomed SST20 version has me curious though.
    That's my take on it, too, although the Fireflies is roughly twice the price at list, and even those who get in on the group buy will be paying somewhere in the $70+ range (exact price isn't public).

Besides, everybody has different preferences for size. Some people with big pockets may carry the D4S. Others will holster carry it. Some will prefer the magnetic tailcap, etc. The D4S definitely has a place.

On a fun side note, Lexel over at BLF is coming out with more options for auxiliary LED boards for both the D4S and the ROT66. I think he's got one in the works for the original D4, too.

Quote Originally Posted by iamlucky13 View Post
    That's my take on it, too, although the Fireflies is roughly twice the price at list, and even those who get in on the group buy will be paying somewhere in the $70+ range (exact price isn't public).

Besides, everybody has different preferences for size. Some people with big pockets may carry the D4S. Others will holster carry it. Some will prefer the magnetic tailcap, etc. The D4S definitely has a place.

On a fun side note, Lexel over at BLF is coming out with more options for auxiliary LED boards for both the D4S and the ROT66. I think he's got one in the works for the original D4, too.

auxiliary LED boards for the ROT66???
    Do you mean New version of the light will come with auxiliary LED??

Quote Originally Posted by Nichia! View Post
    auxiliary LED boards for the ROT66???
    Do you mean New version of the light will come with auxiliary LED??
    I don't think aux LED's are planned for the stock light. I think it's an accessory Lexel intends to sell on his own for users who want to add the feature. Here's where he mentioned it:
    http://budgetlightforum.com/comment/...omment-1361651

Just put cash on the barrelhead for one w/ the 4000K XPL-HI LEDs - should have it in ~2 weeks. I expect it will fill in the gap between the D4 and D1 nicely.

I'm hoping that there are some other options available in the future. A 21700 body would be a nice touch given that those cells are seeing development thanks to a certain always-in-the-news loved-and-hated electric car manufacturer. Might even buy another should they offer one with a floody optic like the 10623 version of the D4 which I find a bit more useful than the stock version.
    I apologize that this letter is so long; I did not have time to write a short letter

I bought a D4S anyways.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by idleprocess View Post
    Just put cash on the barrelhead for one w/ the 4000K XPL-HI LEDs - should have it in ~2 weeks. I expect it will fill in the gap between the D4 and D1 nicely.

I'm hoping that there are some other options available in the future. A 21700 body would be a nice touch given that those cells are seeing development thanks to a certain always-in-the-news loved-and-hated electric car manufacturer. Might even buy another should they offer one with a floody optic like the 10623 version of the D4 which I find a bit more useful than the stock version.
    The D4S uses the LEDiL Angie optic, there are floodier versions of it you can order from a supplier and swap in. Should be very easy.

Quote Originally Posted by staticx57 View Post
    The D4S uses the LEDiL Angie optic, there are floodier versions of it you can order from a supplier and swap in. Should be very easy.
    Never tried to unscrew the head on my D4's; figured they were epoxied or something since they have no give whatsoever.

I might end up doing the swap myself, but funny thing is I sort of ... collect ... Emisars so multiple examples aren't a terrible thing.
    I apologize that this letter is so long; I did not have time to write a short letter

87 left at Mtn Electronics as of now. Just got my Emisar D4S metallic green yesterday. I bought the 100 one so these are going quick! Also mine has already shipped! 🤗

Iíve got mine. Canít decide which battery to use so I charged all of them. Itís my smallest 26650 outside of my dqgís, and the aqua colored night light is perfect for a...night light
    a single sunbeam is enough to drive away many shadows- St. Francis of Assissi

Quote Originally Posted by SG1 View Post
    87 left at Mtn Electronics as of now. Just got my Emisar D4S metallic green yesterday. I bought the 100 one so these are going quick! Also mine has already shipped! 🤗
    Quote Originally Posted by aginthelaw View Post
    Iíve got mine. Canít decide which battery to use so I charged all of them. Itís my smallest 26650 outside of my dqgís, and the aqua colored night light is perfect for a...night light
    Pictures, beams shots, video review??

Gonna be nice especially cause of the extra run time, does anyone know the highest capacity 26650?

5500 mah Shockli, out of stock at mtn tho. Iíll post a beamshot comparison of D4 219C come friday👍

Default Emisar D4S

Quote Originally Posted by Mikelights View Post
    Gonna be nice especially cause of the extra run time, does anyone know the highest capacity 26650?
    Orbtronic and Keeppower 6000mah. I have Orbtronic and although confirmed 5750mah itís been charged on MC3000 @6050mah
    Last edited by id30209; 08-16-2018 at 12:22 PM.

If you guys are wanting a floody beam, this is likely what you will want, the 30 degree Angie which is the widest of the beams in this family of optics.

https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail...FqlecIGA%3D%3D

id30209,

great tip, just ordered the orbtronic 5750mah 30A flat top!

Anyone who has received a D4S, can you comment on how quickly it steps down from turbo?

Thanks
    He who laughs last, thinks slowest

This thing looks amazing! I keep adding it to my cart, only to bail out. Trying not to spend $$$ these days

Also, I'm not sure I would like the UI. That's always a deal breaker for me.
    GOOD TINT!

I think you can configure NarsilM to have dedicated output modes isntead of smooth ramping, and it's very similar to Zebralight UI, the most important bits are long hold for quick access to moonlight/low from off, and double click for quick access to turbo from off or from on.

Quote Originally Posted by twistedraven View Post
    I think you can configure NarsilM to have dedicated output modes isntead of smooth ramping, and it's very similar to Zebralight UI, the most important bits are long hold for quick access to moonlight/low from off, and double click for quick access to turbo from off or from on.
    Thanks! So close...sitting at the last step of checkout with a D4S and Shockli 5500mAh cell. Someone click the button for me
    GOOD TINT!

D4S doesnít have NarsilM though.

Oh, scratch what I said then. I bought mine but I'm pretty sure I'll just resale it once I compare it to the ROT66.

Quote Originally Posted by markr6 View Post
    Thanks! So close...sitting at the last step of checkout with a D4S and Shockli 5500mAh cell. Someone click the button for me
    For $50, your really going to be hard pushed to get a more fun light. Or more for your money (all things considered). The UI is fun, fast ramp which seems just perfect. No doubt it will get toasty in seconds not minutes, but it could be still used close to 1000lm levels for good duration's. If you dont like, you could get your money back within a day! Only a small gamble if any tbh, hank does some nice clever stuff with the help of other clever people(and a lady TK). Short cuts to min and max, options to change the ramp max ceiling , so no need to ramp to 4000+ lumens if you dont want, could have ceiling much lower . Then re-flashing is easier , no need to take fully apart like previous. You can flash(if desired) many different UI options, ZL included if thats your pick.

Click it!!!!!

According to Toykeeper, RampingIOS v3 does add a stepped mode option for the D4s. I'm not quite sure from the UI diagram how to switch between the modes, but it's described in her review:
    http://budgetlightforum.com/node/61509

I wasn't sure if I'd like the ramping on the D4, and while I think I do still in most situations prefer discrete modes, the ramping is so well executed that I don't consider it a negative.

Keeping your spending down is a very good reason not to buy a D4S.

The next time your collection needs another member, however, if you don't already have one of the Emisar's, it sounds like this latest model takes an already excellent UI and gives it even more options, so it's well worth giving a spin.

Quote Originally Posted by markr6 View Post
    Looks like they came back in stock the day after after I'd already ordered from intl-outdoor. Ah well.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast