Klarus        

Thread: SureFire 18650

Default SureFire 18650

Hi CPF!

i am a European who are looking for batteries for my new SureFire Fury-DFT. The only problem is that my official SureFire dealer in my country canít get them. Iíve tried every US dealer I can find online, asked politely if they would sell me a couple, but no one can ship them outside US.

Does anybody here know about any dealer that will send a couple batteries outside of US? Or has anyone found batteries from another manufacturer that works with the Fury-DFT?

The SF CR123A batteries costs a fortune here, and my Redilast 18650 wonít work in the light so I am starting to get desperate.

Thanks for helping out

Flashaholic*

Default Re: SureFire 18650

For Europe, I've heard people recommend nkon.nl, though I have not tried them myself. You could also try Banggood, though their shipping of lithium-ion batteries comes and goes. Aliexpress is another one, but beware there are lots of fakes on that site.

I think you might need a button-top 18650 cell? If those are hard to order, then you can add a small magnet to the positive end of a flat-top cell so it will make contact. I don't know if Surefire uses low-voltage-protection, so beware of over-draining your cell if it does not have a protection circuit.

Regular button top 18650 should work fine. Lots of options at eu.nkon.nl and based on their prices you can get 3 for the price of one SF battery.
    Try the largest, fastest, most flexible flashlight search engine: parametrek.com
    40 brands, 1936 models and still growing!
    NEW: battery search, sleeping pads search

Thanks guys, I will find someone on nkon.nl

if anyone would know any dealer that sells original SF batteries with international shipping give me a shout, I would be very glad

Nkon is the answer. I always buy from them. Great price, even for CR123. Panasonic can be found for 1.54Ä if you buy 20 or more. On amazon I have found packs of 10 for 1.38 each and free shipping.

Also on Nkon they have all kinds of rechargeables and their shipping price is very nice.

I'm tempted to get another Zebralight from them!

You donít need original SF 18650, theyíre rebranded anyway. Even the CR123 are rebranded Panasonics (and overpriced).
    The darkness is afraid of us.

The problem is that I canít find Panasonic that are protected and with button top. And I came over a thread on another site, where a guy supposedly have tried Panasonic batteries with his new fury light and still having problems.

I dont understand why SureFire are being so strict about selling a couple batteries, I understand the whole support your local dealer etc. but when he canít order the batteries from SureFire I donít understand that.

Surefire batteries are high drain so if you don't have a capable cell you won't light up your beast. I'm also here on the old continent and managed to get a Surfire to send me a new battery. Since it can't fly it took longer time but it came.

There is another way - to measure with a multimeter, taking off the cap, how much light the current consumes, may be Olight 18650 hdc 3,7 v 3500 mah will suit - the battery has protection and discharge current up to 10 amperes + they can be easily bought in Europe
    Last edited by desert.snake; 08-07-2018 at 10:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by desert.snake View Post
    There is another way - to measure with a multimeter, taking off the cap, how much light the current consumes, may be Olight 18650 hdc 3,7 v 3500 mah will suit - the battery has protection and discharge current up to 10 amperes + they can be easily bought in Europe
    I agree, go safe and sound (cheap and fast in this case also)
    Surfires are expensive to play with.

Thanks for the tip desert.snake, Iíll check out the Olight batteries.

The Keeppower 18650 is button top, 3500mAh and 10A discharge. It can be found at Nkon.
    Last edited by Mr. LED; 08-07-2018 at 12:58 PM.
    The darkness is afraid of us.