EAGTAC        

Thread: Prices of quality 18650 have dropped

*Flashaholic*

Default Prices of quality 18650 have dropped

I got authentic Panasonic 18650, the protected 3400 mAh version for 7 bucks each - shipped. I had some previously but that was such a good deal I picked some along with protected 18500s, the 2000mAh version.

On your fav online auction site.

I recall when they went for almost $20 each, when introduced several years ago.

At that price, no reason to keep old tired cells but makes sense to upgrade.
    ****** Malkoff Devices ****** “Learn to light a candle in the darkest moments of someone’s life. Be the light that helps others see; it is what gives life its deepest significance.” ― Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart

Flashaholic

Default Re: Prices of quality 18650 have dropped

May I inquire, from which vendor did you receive those cells for $7? (I see 200+ listings on the 'Bay, half are clearly NOT "authentic Panasonic 18650", half of what's left are questionable, IMO.)

TIA
    NextLight

from good, to better, to ...

I've always been happy with liionwholesale. They have protected GA and MJ1 cells under their house brand for around $8, although I usually opt for the unprotected flat tops.
    Hello darkness my old friend,
    I've come to talk with you again...
    I liked neutral tints before they were cool.

oh, you guys mean eBay

Are men in black suits coming for me now?
    GOOD TINT!

*Flashaholic*

r-lsales

I got the protected 18500 and also 18650 there

I think the protected 3400mAh 18650 for $7 is such a great value, recharge it 10 times and you are already way ahead of the CR123A game.

you see there are hundreds sold which indicates they are authentic
    ****** Malkoff Devices ****** “Learn to light a candle in the darkest moments of someone’s life. Be the light that helps others see; it is what gives life its deepest significance.” ― Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart

Cells i have found have been cheap(so to speak or compared to how they were years back) for a while now. I can source 2 vtc6 or vtc5a types for around £10 or so(or 4 for £20). Single cells can be around £6-£8 depending on which.

Pany B cells(3400) are pretty aged these days, quite a few years old and not sure if even made anymore(possible old stock). But the sanyo GA make for a better replacement now, 10a and 3500mah................and newer.

*Flashaholic*

That is true. But if we are talking about cost-efficiency, the online auction had a 15% off on everything and I scored several "GA" 3500mAh for about $5.50 each, which is nice but they are not protected. 3400mAh run about the same or less.

Protected "GA"s run kinda twice as much as protected 3400mAh despite minimal increases in runtime. There is only 100mAh upgrade if I understand correctly. Perhaps there are other changes, I didn't look at the specs, like the ability to accommodate higher drain, but I max out at 2 Amps, if that. I don't even come close to 10A.

I really like *unprotected* 3500mAh Pannies. The cute little red cell.

Now for a sticker shock check out protected 3600mAh. $20/each. That's the cheapest I could find.

There is nothing wrong with 3400mAh Pannies.

I still regularly use 3100mAh pannies and even older 2900mAh pannies. the latter ones are beginning to show their age. I had one decline to 0.87 V yesterday and into the trash it went. I think I've had it for 8 years now with a half a zillion cycles on it.

*Flashaholic*

the other news is, I looked at my 3rd MD4 body and the latest-greatest 3500mAh protected does not fit in it either. So looks like I will be boring body #3 today.

Need to stop by a hardware store or such to pick up 150 grit sandpaper.