I lost and found a light - Malkoff Hound Dog

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am supremely happy, I thought the Malkoff Hound Dog, the compact MD2 edition was gone for sure. Wearing the Tricap and loaded with latest-greatest cell in it and some other minor mods. I had just installed a new lense and the O-ring. And the bicycle grip mod.

I was already estimating the monetary price I would have to pay to replace all of that. *sigh* There goes two hundred or whatever.

Plus I liked the tint and didn't want to experiment with something new.

Consoling myself in that Malkoff is one I *want* to have my funds more than anyone else. So I've come to accept it.

anyway, found it half a day later. Under the coach. No clear idea how it got there at this point.

I at first hypothesized that it slid from my pocket onto the floor, in the car, into that space between the seat and the door and when you open the door, it just rolls down onto the asphalt. If there is noise, you may not register the sound of the fall. I thought that's what happened, after I turned the car inside out - since that's where I usually lose things.

My method now is very simple.

Never use more than 1 light no matter what and that light is your 'edc'. And it always goes where edc designated location is, never left anywhere else.

If you get another light, put the edc back into your light depot so there aren't any multiple devices out as that makes it even easier to lose things. i.e. if you misplace the 2nd, non-edc light, you may not notice it immediately. But in a few days, hm, well I thought I took it and did something with it and it should be here, but it's not..

It's like a library with books and you can check out only 1 at a time. If you want another one, bring the back the original.

Cerealand

Flashlight Enthusiast
Congrats!

At least you got to clean your car like me. :laughing:

Last edited: