NEXTORCH - 300 m long-shot E6        

Thread: Wuben A21 - Any reviews / experiences?

Default Wuben A21 - Any reviews / experiences?

Like the look of the new A21 but can seem to find any in-depth reviews online.
    Anyone know if the claimed 4200 Lumens is accurate & how quickly it steps down?

Any comments from owners would be appreciated

Probably going to get either the Wuben A21 or Emisar D4S
    He who laughs last, thinks slowest

Default Re: Wuben A21 - Any reviews / experiences?

I love the flashlight but I have encountered a problem. The S-O-S feature flashes S-O-O. I am trying to verify if this is a widespread occurrence or if I have an isolated bad apple. I don't know what my recourse is as of yet. As for output, it seems bright and floody in my NW version. No way for me to determine it's intensity but I would say it is brighter than a THRUNITE TH30 which claims 3350 lumens with the 70.2 I have in CW.

Enlightened

1) I've just got one - so will use this thread to report back on it

2) And - lol - yes it does denote 'S.O.O.' on SOS Mode!! Well-spotted

Arif
    Olight: X9R, X7R, R50 Seeker Pro, M2R Warrior (NW), ION, SR96, SR95, SR92, SR90; Wuben A21 Apollo; Nitecore P12, P12GTS

Arif, Thank you for checking. Really appreciate that!

Enlightened

Hey no problems buddy! For me, it's an amusing quirk - & a rescue helicopter's not exactly gonna pass us over because of a mis-spelt plea for help!
    Olight: X9R, X7R, R50 Seeker Pro, M2R Warrior (NW), ION, SR96, SR95, SR92, SR90; Wuben A21 Apollo; Nitecore P12, P12GTS

Dang, I should of watched that video closer... Clearly shows S-O-O. Lol! Did anyone realize this or was I the first??? Does anyone have an A21 with correct S-O-S? What about their other lights with the similar USB-C charging, driver and firmware?

Enlightened

Quick update - it's fecking fantastic! I don't begrudge their packaging colour-scheme mimicking that of Olight's - their execution & quality seems to be right up there with Olight (beyond?).

Enlightened

Replying to update my input for this light, but also to bump the thread as this really is a fantastic light - people need to know! A true hidden gem from left-of-field!!

So I've also recently acquired the Olight R50 Seeker Pro - and heck, there's even scope to say that the Wuben is even better-executed (finishing, engineering, etc).

The Wuben and Olight's beam profiles are almost exactly the same. Brightness on Turbo for each - in real life the difference isn't readily discernible - basically both are pocket rockets!

Beam profile a good balance of flood (for walking) and throw (good for dead ahead on a forest trail).

UI - the opposite of Olight's very intuitive interface. So on the Wuben - click for On, long-click for off, short clicks whilst on goes through the brightness settings. No special 'Turbo' action - it's simply stacked at the top end of the brightness settings.

More soon if I think of anything,

Arif