NEXTORCH - 300 m long-shot E6        

Thread: Olight maintenance

Default Olight maintenance

I have recently bought three of your lights and was wondering what you recommend for maintaining the lights, if any is needed. I am in Canada so what oils/lube/grease do you recommend and how often to apply. Also, what is recommended for the o-rings. Some say silicone and not any fossil oils, but only if the rings are silicone themselves?

I am just starting out with flashlights (coming from knife collecting) and am interested in keeping my "stuff" in reasonably good shape.

I have the i1R, the i3T, and the M2R, so far.
    Last edited by colin.p; 08-12-2018 at 12:21 PM. Reason: apparently I'm dyslexic

Unenlightened

Default Re: Olight maintenance

I have used silicone dielectric grease for years without problems. Its on the thick side IMO but is cheap compared to products made to lube flashlight o-rings. A tube will last a lifetime. https://www.amazon.com/Permatex-2205.../dp/B000AL8VD2

Quote Originally Posted by Wonder View Post
    I have used silicone dielectric grease for years without problems. Its on the thick side IMO but is cheap compared to products made to lube flashlight o-rings. A tube will last a lifetime. https://www.amazon.com/Permatex-2205.../dp/B000AL8VD2
    For the better part of the last two evenings, I read most of the Comprehensive-Grease-and-Lube-Thread. I noticed a lot of different recommendations, but no definitive answer. However, I followed your recommendation (and quite a few others it seems) and bought a tube of Permatex Dielectric Silicone grease for 4 bucks at the local Canadian Tire store and should be good to go.

my grease flowchart...

changing sigline ...

Quote Originally Posted by colin.p View Post
    For the better part of the last two evenings, I read most of the Comprehensive-Grease-and-Lube-Thread. I noticed a lot of different recommendations, but no definitive answer. However, I followed your recommendation (and quite a few others it seems) and bought a tube of Permatex Dielectric Silicone grease for 4 bucks at the local Canadian Tire store and should be good to go.
    thats what I use and I have a light thatís 17 years old now with the original o ring. Itís like itís still new. Your choice is perfect.