Just Got Fenix LD02 V2.0 CRI AAA Rear Clicky

steeps

Newly Enlightened
I just got the Fenix LD02 V2.0 High CRI AAA Rear Clicky
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07G2P7QTD/?tag=cpf0b6-20

I like Fenix, High CRI, and a rear clicky AAA so I couldn't pass it up.
I'm not sure about the mode memory. Does anyone else have this torch and what are your thought on the mode memory either with this one or in general? It also has UV so that's been great for finding dog pee in the house. 😩🐶

moshow9

Flashlight Enthusiast
I want to like this light but I wish it was available either without the UV function or without mode memory. I would hate cycling through UV just to get back down to low. If it didn't have mode memory, always starting on low would take care of that.

BarryNYC

Newly Enlightened
I want to like this light but I wish it was available either without the UV function or without mode memory. I would hate cycling through UV just to get back down to low. If it didn't have mode memory, always starting on low would take care of that.

Thanks for pointing out the mode memory. I was just about to buy one, but that kills it for me.

markr6

Flashaholic
Thanks for pointing out the mode memory. I was just about to buy one, but that kills it for me.

Me too. Total deal-breaker. Even if UV wasn't memorized, cycling thru other modes is just no good.

As usual, many new lights get SOOO close, but strike out. I guess that's a good thing to keep my bank account from bottoming out!

PartyPete

Enlightened
Looks decent. Maybe it's just me but if I'm buying a UV light I wouldn't necessarily be upset at having UV within the regular mode groups.

However, I think the original LD02 is a fine light if you just want a tiny AAA clicky.

steeps

Newly Enlightened

Yes, that is my dilemma as well.

steeps

Newly Enlightened
Looks decent. Maybe it's just me but if I'm buying a UV light I wouldn't necessarily be upset at having UV within the regular mode groups.

However, I think the original LD02 is a fine light if you just want a tiny AAA clicky.

I like that light except it starts in Medium.