Worlds corniest flashlight

klrman

Newly Enlightened
But if you had to buy all the built ins and extras, it would cost you $349.... it even says so in the description lol

StarHalo

Flashaholic
I think I need the full commercial experience to appreciate it. "OH NO.."

VAELxuk.gif

markr6

Flashaholic
These days, "But wait! Right now on Kickstarter for" has replaced "But wait! Call now and..."

$349 value. Insane. I can't believe they got $22K already.

p.s. I changed my mind. I just watched the video of the girl in camo pants. I want this light now! Orin seems to know her lights!

Last edited:

Glenn7

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe I should rephrase it, not so much the flashlight but the ad for it is just so corny - to me, the light is still too gimmicky and looks cheaply made - they also claim it's the worlds best tactical flashlight, worth $345 for just $69? well maybe if they throw in some steak knives and if I'm one of the first 100 callers they will throw in a second set then I might be in.......

There are lots of lights like this one on banggood and the like.

Last edited:

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
These days, "But wait! Right now on Kickstarter for" has replaced "But wait! Call now and..."

$349 value. Insane. I can't believe they got $22K already.

p.s. I changed my mind. I just watched the video of the girl in camo pants. I want this light now! Orin seems to know her lights!
They're now up to $35k pledged.

markr6

Flashaholic
They're now up to $35k pledged.

I sometimes wonder if it's just their high-roller friend dropping $10k at a time, who is just planning on giving the money back anyway to make it look good.

Gotta pump those numbers up. Those are rookie numbers.

Nimitz68

Enlightened
I've got a feeling that if I looked at this thing the wrong way it would colapse into hundreds of craptastic little pieces. No thanks.

idleprocess

Flashaholic
Got to admire the Kickstarter marketing where they convince you that you're so smart to have discovered a product before everyone else, even if it's hardly new. It also seems to borrow from the need for some demographics to get involved by standing in line for the thing before it's available - something Apple is credited with /blamed for but I've seen at fan conventions forever.

Jose Marin

Enlightened
Lol in the video with the female shooting at the range at :57 mark you can see the light changing focus back and forth under recoil woops haha

snakebite

Flashlight Enthusiast
bet i can search aliexpress,fasttech,banggood,ect and find this light or a very close match.
wont be the first time somebodies "custom" turned out to be a common chinese light.
lots of hype and nothing unique.
i will take a $8.99 sale special convoy s2+ for the win.
leave the bling toy for the suckers!

ven

Flashaholic
WOW just WOW..............lost for words, it is the tactical holster that swung it for me though. Only trouble...........when he holds the light after extracting, he can not turn it on with that grip lol.

idleprocess

Flashaholic
Yes this product gives Kickstarter a serious loss of credibility. Clearly folks buying this product are mostly paying for marketing costs and false hype.
I've never given Kickstarter much credibility. It's the home of failed projects promoted by bright-eyed kids with little ability to execute, outright scams a-plenty, established companies using it for all its marketing gimmickry, and hucksters such as we see before us that see a demographic on the platform ripe for the taking. Every now and then someone has an actually interesting idea, the skills to execute, and actually uses the platform to generate awareness and raise capital; this is increasingly the exception.