Olight HDC cell help

CREEXHP70LED

Enlightened
Hello, I have a matched set of these I bought for the X7 Maurader, and one of them seems to self discharge it's voltage way faster than the others just in storage. I charged them all 3 days ago and today according to my only way of checking them ( Nitecore D4 charger ) three say 4.19 volts and one says 4.12 volts. this gets worse over time and I am wondering if I should use this cell only in a single cell light and break up the set ? I have two sets of new 30Q's that seem to settle at 4.17 all of them. TIA!

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
there is a problem with the x7 that did in a pair of my hdc's. they sent a new pair and did some maintenance to the x7 itself, though they didn't tell me what they did. you might want to check with olight directly

CREEXHP70LED

Enlightened
there is a problem with the x7 that did in a pair of my hdc's. they sent a new pair and did some maintenance to the x7 itself, though they didn't tell me what they did. you might want to check with olight directly

I did not know there was a problem with the X7. So it is going to drain one of my cells much faster than the other 3 ?

CREEXHP70LED

Enlightened

I just contacted Olight and they said that is not common, they are sending me a new tailcap to reset the light, which is what she said they do most of the time and it fixes it. I was offered to sent the light in, but would rather try the new tailcap instead first. Very good customer service.

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello, I have a matched set of these I bought for the X7 Maurader, and one of them seems to self discharge it's voltage way faster than the others just in storage. I charged them all 3 days ago and today according to my only way of checking them ( Nitecore D4 charger ) three say 4.19 volts and one says 4.12 volts. this gets worse over time and I am wondering if I should use this cell only in a single cell light and break up the set ? I have two sets of new 30Q's that seem to settle at 4.17 all of them. TIA!

There were earlier reports with the X7 and the Olight HD cells, not holding current when in turbo mode. The cause seemed to be the cells themselves, so look into that.

If a cell is discharging down to 4.12v, from 4.20v, in 3 days, outside of the light, then that cell is defective.

Chris