The Fenix-Store        

Thread: McClicky hard press in a Z41 host

*Flashaholic*

Default McClicky hard press in a Z41 host

Who sells that configuration? I thought Oveready did and cannot find it on their site. Just some custom Z41-like host.

I have a medium press McClicky and it's OK but I think I would prefer the 'hard' one.
    ****** Malkoff Devices ****** “Learn to light a candle in the darkest moments of someone’s life. Be the light that helps others see; it is what gives life its deepest significance.” ― Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart

Default Re: McClicky hard press in a Z41 host

The McGizmo switch hard press boot in combination with the Surefire Z2 is the ultimate hand feel, and control of any overhand eye-level tactical (speed) light I have tried. I guess there are times when the most minute of details can matter within a specific application. The limitless variables that exist (even if some don’t recognize, or refuse to acknowledge) is what still keeps me interested in flashlight technology today.
    Last edited by Charlie Hustle; 08-18-2018 at 07:32 PM.
    "You have attracted people who are determined that ideology is more important than facts."
    Ted Koppel

Oveready is the only place that I've seen ever use the terms "soft/med/hard press" so I don't think you'll find them anywhere else. Have you tried emailing them to ask if you can buy a few of the switch boots by themselves? Then just swap over to your current tailcaps.

They also have both the regular Z41 clone and the diamondback tailcaps which can be ordered with any type of switch boot, although it looks like only natural HA is available right now.
    Hello darkness my old friend,
    I've come to talk with you again...
    I liked neutral tints before they were cool.

*Flashaholic*

I don't want a Z41 clone. I want the OEM Z41 modded.
    ****** Malkoff Devices ****** “Learn to light a candle in the darkest moments of someone’s life. Be the light that helps others see; it is what gives life its deepest significance.” ― Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart

Quote Originally Posted by etc View Post
    I don't want a Z41 clone. I want the OEM Z41 modded.
    Ok. Your original post was a bit confusing on that then.
    Who sells that configuration? I thought Oveready did and cannot find it on their site. Just some custom Z41-like host.

I have a medium press McClicky and it's OK but I think I would prefer the 'hard' one.

In any case, you can still try emailing OR and ask if they'll sell some switch boots that you can swap over to your Z41s.

*Flashaholic*

I got a couple of hard press boots, now need to get the switches themselves

I got a couple of hard press boots, now need to get the switches themselves
    Pretty sure there's only one mcclickie switch. The difference is in the boots.