Wuben        

Thread: 32,500 Lumen Acebeam X80GT

Default 32,500 Lumen Acebeam X80GT

Hi all,

This is the new 2018 version of the X80. For a light you could jacket pocket carry its darn impressive.

What do you think, is the extra power a benefit or do you prefer the colors option?
    In Him (Jesus Christ) was life; and the life was the light of men. And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.
    FS: Everyday Carry Lights Upgrades for Maglite.

Default Re: 32,500 Lumen Acebeam X80GT

Personally, I never understood the color LED's anyway. Good ridence!
    IMO, the next advancement needs to address active heat management. Slapping more LED's onto too small a flashlight isn't usable progress.
    Obviously, any active method is going to usurp battery power from the light, so there is lots of room for brilliant minds to make active heat management efficient enough to be practical.
    Yes, high lumens are fun. I know because I've been buying high output modded lights from Vinh for a few years. But, I would like to have even more fun.
    The really great thing about high lumen flashlights is that they can replace your toaster oven while taking up much less space on the counter.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD777 View Post
    I literally skip reading any further on new lights when I see the mention of colors. It just has no purpose for me at all.

175F! I can't believe it!
    GOOD TINT!

Unenlightened

IMO, the next advancement needs to address active heat management. Slapping more LED's onto too small a flashlight isn't usable progress.
    Obviously, any active method is going to usurp battery power from the light, so there is lots of room for brilliant minds to make active heat management efficient enough to be practical.
    Yes, high lumens are fun. I know because I've been buying high output modded lights from Vinh for a few years. But, I would like to have even more fun.
    The really great thing about high lumen flashlights is that they can replace your toaster oven while taking up much less space on the counter.
    Are heatpipes an option?

Don't know. Maybe CO2 cartridge filled with liquid nitrogen? That's why I said "brilliant minds" not "my mind." LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by koenigsegg View Post
    Are heatpipes an option?

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by markr6 View Post
    I literally skip reading any further on new lights when I see the mention of colors. It just has no purpose for me at all.

175F! I can't believe it!
    I agree that visible colors serve no purpose. But, didn't the previous version have a UV emitter? IMO, that would sometimes be useful. Okay, maybe not in a 32000 lumen light, but in a smaller light I like the idea of both a white LED and a UV LED.

Quote Originally Posted by WalkIntoTheLight View Post
    I agree that visible colors serve no purpose. But, didn't the previous version have a UV emitter? IMO, that would sometimes be useful. Okay, maybe not in a 32000 lumen light, but in a smaller light I like the idea of both a white LED and a UV LED.
    I would be OK with that. I actually purchased two exclusive UV lights in the past.
    GOOD TINT!

Don't know. Maybe CO2 cartridge filled with liquid nitrogen? That's why I said "brilliant minds" not "my mind." LOL
    The realproblem is circuitry and the lack of superconducting materials in the driver, yes the LEDs produce heat, but 50% or more could be 100% solved by obsidian superconducting drive or even gold, platinum, or man-made diamond which is actually a hyper-conductor which has zero heat transfer unlike others that can't be made chemically pure.
    Also,
    The Acebeam x80 gt really does have better heat venting with I believe either an air-cooled convection system or a fan, I think just a preshure-convection system special curves which amplify the speed of natural air convection in the light).
    And CO2 alone could help cool the light, liquid nitrogen wouldn't work so to liedenfrost effect and potentially burning your skin from the steam.
    Cooler-running but still cheap obsidian superconducting material and cooler running LED bottleneck issues are the goal for now. The from there water cooling or something, but this light I like much as a 1 or 4k lumen lamp-type light.

32,500 L.

Although I am not part of the lumens race, I do give it the nod of respect it has earned.
    THRUNITE Archer1AV2|TiS|TH20|TN4A Hi...all in neutral white
    YUJILEDS BC Series 95+HighCRI modded Mini-Mag2AAA, E01
    XTARVC4, LCTBC500, Amaloops, 1999MAG-LITE 2D Incandescent(glass lens)

Quote Originally Posted by vestureofblood View Post
    Hi all,

This is the new 2018 version of the X80. For a light you could jacket pocket carry its darn impressive.

What do you think, is the extra power a benefit or do you prefer the colors option?
    It cant stay in 30+k for long.
    TM36 Lite | Vish's ThruNite TN36UTVN | Olight S1-Cu Baton Raw Copper | Olight S1-Cu Baton Exclusive Raw SS Copper

They have one now on their website that is 60,000 lumens! The thing is, is this for real? I am kind of guessing it is. What does it run for, 10 seconds lol. There need to be advancements in technology before they go do this IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by nitebrite View Post
    They have one now on their website that is 60,000 lumens! The thing is, is this for real? I am kind of guessing it is. What does it run for, 10 seconds lol. There need to be advancements in technology before they go do this IMO.
    That's insane.
    TM36 Lite | Vish's ThruNite TN36UTVN | Olight S1-Cu Baton Raw Copper | Olight S1-Cu Baton Exclusive Raw SS Copper

Where on their website says that? I still see 32k

Oh disregard found it as x70, they should have called it x80 GTR

http://www.acebeam.com/x70

What is the truth regarding the lumens on the X80GT?

Factory's web site says 32,500
    I have read others say it's really around 27,000

I would like to pick up the x80gt one day..

I notice with a lot of these mega-powered flashlights, there is gripeabout the actual run time at its highest settings. Thinking about it, however, I don't see it as an issue. For me, running in a lower power setting, and only using turbo, or turbo plus, when necessary, then going back to a more normal setting, makes a lot of sense. Or at least, more sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by louieatienza View Post
    I notice with a lot of these mega-powered flashlights, there is gripeabout the actual run time at its highest settings. Thinking about it, however, I don't see it as an issue. For me, running in a lower power setting, and only using turbo, or turbo plus, when necessary, then going back to a more normal setting, makes a lot of sense. Or at least, more sense to me.

That is exactly how I would use the light. In fact, I just ordered the X80GT from Vinh of Skylumen an hour ago making the light a X80GTvn