Hurricane Lane 2018

don.gwapo

Enlightened
Sun is still up here but a little windy. Hurricane is expected late Thursday to early Friday. Hope it will weaken before it touches down or it moves away from the projected path.

Costco, Sams, Walmart is very busy. People bought like 5-8 cases of water, paper towels, napkins, flashlights and batteries is the majority you can see on their shopping cart. Gas stations is busy as well.

Me, I already charged my 20+ 18650's for my lights and 10+ AAA, AA, D NiMH's for the lanterns just in case.

makapuu

Enlightened
Checking in. Been running around for the past couple of days getting supplies and preparing the house for the hit. Every light and lantern that I have is ready to go, as well as all my extra batteries.
Hope I've done enough to prepare for the ride and didn't forget anything.

markr6

Flashaholic
Of course it's a good thing, but I always wondered why hurricanes seem to "follow" coast lines, turning at the last minute and following it, then turning away. It's like pushing together the same sides of two magnets.

This happens all the time on the Atlantic coast. It almost looks like the bowl-shaped bay from Daytona Beach to Myrtle beach was carved out over a million years from this happening over and over.

Same thing here...

EP142018_5day_cone_with_line.png