Southern California- Flightlight manufacturer empire?

tbhracing

Newly Enlightened
I grew up in Southern California and know the area well. It hit me that a large number of flashlight manufactures are located in that area. I just find it funny and interesting.

Maglight- Ontario
SureFire- Fountain Valley
Pelican- Torrance
FoxFury- Oceanside
Underwater Kinetics- Poway

I dont know if there are any others, but consider Mag, Surefire and Pelican big players in the game.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
First to leave?
That's a toughy. SureFire if Dr John Matthews steps down before Tony Magilica. Otherwise...

Pelican kinda already kinda did when they turned to 100% foreign made lights in their lineup. So is Qwick-Lite.

Tek-Tite is still hanging in their too with US made dive stuff.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Don't know exactly how many models are foreign made. But my 2350 and 2360 were made in that country so famous for stealing ideas and cloning things.

Streamlight has gone foreign made as well.

Check out the new MagCharger items. They have some C cell sized lights like the Stinger. Not completely familiar with them but I believe they are approximately 2c and 3c sized. I really like their ML150 series. I think that one now has a 4c model. Or maybe it was the ML300 that had a 4D?
Anyway, Maglite is coming out with good stuff these days. Mag tough with a modern approach.

Last edited: