ArmyTek        
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Incan challenge week 2018

Flashaholic*

Default Re: Incan challenge week 2018

I just bought a lot of Streamlight and Surefire CR123s at a great price! Time to burn through my old stock. Some of the cells are 10 years old. Got my E1e, C2, 9P, M3 w/MN11, M4 w/LF HO lamp, and M6 loaded up and ready to go. Fall is incan season for me. I seam to have misplaced my black E2e.

Quote Originally Posted by kelmo View Post
    I just bought a lot of Streamlight and Surefire CR123s at a great price! Time to burn through my old stock. Some of the cells are 10 years old. Got my E1e, C2, 9P, M3 w/MN11, M4 w/LF HO lamp, and M6 loaded up and ready to go. Fall is incan season for me. I seam to have misplaced my black E2e.
    I couldn’t agree more about the fall season. This thread should change name to “Incan challenge season 2018”. My man ven helped me strated really hard with incans (thank you!!) and for past few days i’m just changing bulbs and battery setups. I even went further and dug out heavy artillery, 9N and 8X )) Really like incan glow in these grey colors of the day now.

Flashaholic*

Did someone say incandescent week???

Although, I have to admit, the only one I actually carry anywhere is the one A2 that I have an LX2 clip for.. A2s are life.

Quote Originally Posted by peter yetman View Post
    Thanks to this thread I've started enjoying my Z2 incan again.
    As this is going quiet for a bit can I keep the momentum up with a question that's almost on topic?
    The only thing that bugs me about the SF P90 that I'm using is the shape of the hotspot, it looks like the shape of the Crab Nebula. I know it's unavoidable because the filament isn't a point source. Although, I have a P60 that has a more or less circular hotspot, but maybe a larger one.
    Do the drop ins from Lumens Factory have the same problem? Also are all the globes frosted to cause a rounder, bigger hotspot?
    Thanks, and looking forward to the Long Nights.
    P
    LF bulbs tend to not be frosted and I prefer this as it provides better focus and more throw, at the cost of a slightly 'uglier' hotspot. I also prefer ringy but throwier smooth reflector and optic LED beams to the 'soft' and less punchy orange peel reflector beams, so your mileage may vary.

That's what I was hoping, thanks Jelly.
    P

Quote Originally Posted by jellydonut View Post
    Did someone say incandescent week???

Although, I have to admit, the only one I actually carry anywhere is the one A2 that I have an LX2 clip for.. A2s are life.

LF bulbs tend to not be frosted and I prefer this as it provides better focus and more throw, at the cost of a slightly 'uglier' hotspot. I also prefer ringy but throwier smooth reflector and optic LED beams to the 'soft' and less punchy orange peel reflector beams, so your mileage may vary.
    Look at those A2's ..just look at them!

Ill take one red and one blue..😂😂

Tried a Lightsaver Miser 5 Function Tail Cap on an E1e with MN01 lamp and liked the 25% output.

Honorary Aussie

This is a great idea for a “blast from the past” thread.

These photos show many of my different incans (I have over 47 different models by 33 different makers). These are mostly the Maglites. I’ll see if I can find photos of the others.

https://imgbox.com/Q2btsSKP (different pre-Maglite Vari-Beams, recently sold to another collector)

http://imgbox.com/DoJ8qwQ2 (Maglite 2xAA’s with rare colors like weinrot, light teal, light pink, shimmer blue, and copper)

https://imgbox.com/jDtSnbi9 (mostly D and C models)

https://imgbox.com/UGJJHPYe (Mags plus miscellaneous others)

https://imgbox.com/f2q1SOAD (3xD Mags in different colors)

https://imgbox.com/n7K0CZC9 (Fivemega milled gold plated, Maglite gold plate over brass limited edition, plus some others)
    Last edited by magellan; 10-09-2018 at 06:19 PM.
    It is better to buy a beautiful, expensive, custom flashlight than to curse the darkness.

WOW magellan, as always amazing stuff....................then again i would expect nothing else from you

Do you use these beautiful examples? How do you like the incands compared to modern day LED's?

Magellan, that’s a hell of a collection!

Flashaholic*

Sadly I no longer own any incan lights or I'd take up the challenge. Used to have a couple of surefires! They are at my parents home in another country, no chance of seeing them any time soon.
    Remember, try to do this during the foggy evenings at the end of October. I have fond memories of the beam of my old Surefire A2 cutting through fog pretty nicely!

Additional challenge. Try to post your best beamshot at the end of the week

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345