"Review" Nitecore I8 (Multi Chemistry 8 slot charger)

Budda

Enlightened
I received the Nitecore I8 for the review from Nitecore.
While I think I can provide some useful information about flashlights from a technical point of view, when it comes to chargers, I have very little knowledge. So what I can do is give you my thoughts as a flashlight user, maybe with a few years of flashlight passion on my shoulders.
The I8 is a multi chemistry charger with 8 independent slots and 2 5V 2.1 A standard USB port.

The I8 comes in this box.
Nitecore_I8_01.jpg

Nitecore_I8_03.jpg

Don't forget to verify the authenticity of your charger, using Nitecore system present on Nitecore website.
Nitecore_I8_02.jpg

Inside the box: the charger, manual, cable. The most distinctive aspect of the I8 is its design.
Most chargers are flat and slim, while the I8 has a "tower" construction.
Nitecore_I8_04.jpg

On the bottom there are silicon pads and the list of supported cells.
The most distinctive aspect of the I8 is its design.
Nitecore_I8_05.jpg

On the side there are the port for the universal cable, the port for the car power adapter and 2 USB ports.
Nitecore_I8_06.jpg

Every slot has a LED light on top, that glows red when charging, and green when charging is finished.
Nitecore_I8_07.jpg

The contact points are raised dots on both poles, and so you can charge both flat and button top cells. It fits long protected 18650 cells.
Nitecore_I8_08.jpg

Nitecore_I8_09.jpg

Nitecore_I8_10.jpg

As far as the output of the charger, it can deliver 1.5 Amps on 2 channels, or 1 amp over 4 channels, or 0.75 over 6 channels, or 0.5 Amp over 8 channels. This will mean that the I8 can still charge quickly batteries the less slots are used. Some chargers can do something like that but only when a single slot is used, I like that the I8 can still deliver 1.5 Amps on 2 channels.
This comes with a caveat: you can't charge a small number of cells with little capacity cause the current will be too high.

For what I can tell, this charger is best suited for people who needs to charge many batteries.
It is a very simple charger: you put the cell in and the charger does everything. If you forget batteries into it, it has even a built in timer of 20 hours to stop the charging process.
I also like that the charger has 2 USB with a good output.
I really like that it uses a universal cable, and that the 12V car adapter is also available for purchase (not included).

Thanks to Antoled for the camera help.