newbie help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spartanden

Newly Enlightened
OK.... I'm pretty new to both this place and flashlights. well...I've had this thing for flashlights for many many years. I've had several Mag-lites which I thought were the best. Now those sit on my bench in the basement and have been replaced by several inexpensive led lights. they are all either AA or AAA size units. What I'm looking for is a reference or source of good better and decent batteries. Is there such a thing as a AAAA rechargeable battery? Who has decent AAAA batteries? I have some AA and AAA eneloops and a charger. Who is a good source for a few more of these batteries? What are the 18xxx batteries I hear/see here? where can I get some good info on these?
In general is there someplace I can go to read up and get good, unbiased reviews and information on batteries???

archimedes

Flashaholic
OK.... I'm pretty new to both this place and flashlights. well...I've had this thing for flashlights for many many years. I've had several Mag-lites which I thought were the best. Now those sit on my bench in the basement and have been replaced by several inexpensive led lights. they are all either AA or AAA size units. What I'm looking for is a reference or source of good better and decent batteries. Is there such a thing as a AAAA rechargeable battery? Who has decent AAAA batteries? I have some AA and AAA eneloops and a charger. Who is a good source for a few more of these batteries? What are the 18xxx batteries I hear/see here? where can I get some good info on these?
In general is there someplace I can go to read up and get good, unbiased reviews and information on batteries???

Hello and welcome to CPF

As a newcomer to a forum, it is customary to browse around a bit, to get an idea of the basics, including where and how the topics are arranged.

Threads that just ask "I'm new, I'm confused, help" ... :duck: ... tend not to be so useful.

Since your first two responses have included excellent starting links for you to explore, we'll close this for now.

Please feel free to open a more focused thread once you have your bearings here :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.