ArmyTek        

Thread: Cadillac SRX bulb recomendations?

Default Cadillac SRX bulb recomendations?

I searched but did not find. I would appreciate advise on the best replacement bulbs for a 2005 Cadillac SRX, thanks.

Default Re: Cadillac SRX bulb recomendations?

With halogen or HID headlamps?

Quote Originally Posted by JTMcC View Post
    I searched but did not find. I would appreciate advise on the best replacement bulbs for a 2005 Cadillac SRX, thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by -Virgil- View Post
    And if not for the headlamp high or low beam, which bulb position? Reversing lamp? Stop lamp? Front position lamp?

Note that for this year/model, the halogen headlamp bulbs have a straight base, not a right-angle base. This may limit your ability to upgrade depending on what it takes to adapt the lamp (if adapting is needed) to accept the right-angle bulbs.

That's a good question, I'm slammed with work right now but will find out as soon as possible which it has.

HID.
    The low beams have a distinct blue tint. I have not driven it at night yet.
    I know nothing about HID's.

Well, if you just got the car, take a look at the headlamps and make sure they're not fogged/clouded/crazed/otherwise degraded by age and sunlight.

HID bulbs lose intensity with usage, so unless this is a low-mile car you'll want to put in new bulbs. That's a D1S bulb in your low beams. This is the good upgrade bulb.

Your high beams take the straight-base 9005XS bulb. There's no direct upgrade for them. If angle-base 9005 bulbs will fit (buy one and see) then you can upgrade in the usual way by getting these and trimming them like this.

Headlamp aim is of ultimate importance. Even if you do nothing else, find a shop that has an optical headlamp aimer (looks like a big video camera on wheels). If they say they shine the lights on the wall to aim them, keep looking. See here for all the details.