NEW Fenix E16 High Performance, Compact LED Flashlight

fenix store

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vendor
NEW Fenix E16 High Performance, Compact LED Flashlight

We are talking about a 2-inch light with a powerful 700-lumen maximum output! The features are pretty impressive so check it out.

• Cree XP-L HI Neutral White LED with a lifespan of 50,000 hours
  • Outputs (16340 Battery)
    • Turbo - 700 Lumens/1h 5 min
    • High - 150 Lumens/2h
    • Med - 30 Lumens/11h 55min
    • Low - 3 Lumens/70h
    • Strobe - 700 Lumens
  • Ultrathin lens with automobile optical lens coating
  • Digitally-regulated output
  • High-Strength, Oxidation-Resistant Aluminum
  • Premium type HAIII hard-anodized anti-abrasive finish
  • Low-voltage warning
  • Two-way body clip
  • Magnetic tail
  • Dual lockout to prevent accidental activation
  • IP68 Rated submersible to 2 meters or 6.5 ft. for 30 minutes; dust and foreign object protection

Last edited:

fenix store

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vendor
It looks like it but Fenix describes it as "stainless steel CD-pattern switch." To keep it light weight, it would have to be made of stainless rather than copper, a heavier metal.

Is that button made of copper??

Agpp

Enlightened
Interesting. I've seen this style of optics only COB sized. I wonder how does the beam look...

Nichia!

Banned
The clip looks horrible the s mini has perfect clip please try to give us the same clip on the s mini

JAS

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just found out about this. I assume that it will outperform my FENIX RC09 on lumens out and runtime.

It should make a very nice cap light.

JAS

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think that I want a pair of these, side-by-side, for my baseball cap!

fenix store

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vendor
To answer several comments, we should have the light in our warehouse tomorrow, 9/21, or early next week (UPS is showing "mechanical failure" delays right now) and we will respond to questions/comments, and try to create a short overview video. Thanks for all your interest! Presales have been very brisk so you aren't alone in your interest.

Last edited:

fenix store

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vendor
HERE IS A BRIEF OVERVIEW OF THE NEW E16. If you have the equipment to video night shots, please let us know.

blub

Enlightened
I just got mine, totally bummed, turbo doesn't even last 10 seconds using AW icr 123, it flickers then gets hot immediately then shuts down. Even letting it cool won't let turbo come back on, I have tried all my batteries and it's all the same. I've never had a problem with Fenix lights before this, they're usually very good but definitely something wrong and I've heard of two others doing it.

Last edited:

LightObsession

Flashlight Enthusiast
Any chance that the UI could be modified to allow direct access to low from off, regardless of what mode it was in when shut off?

I'd also like the level that the Turbo drops down to to be in the normal mode sequence, rather than having to wait for Turbo to drop down to it. That way I'd have access to a higher sustainable high output than the current 150 lumens high.

Just giving me direct access to low from off, regardless of which mode it was shut off in, would make it a no-brainer for me to buy this light, because I really like the mode spacing for L, M and H.

I would use it primarily for hat brim use.

fenix store

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vendor
Have you tried a 16340 battery? That is Fenix's preferred battery for that light, with the CR123 secondary. If you don't have longer run time with the 16340, then the light needs to go to the Warranty Center for evaluation. If you aren't pleased, you can always see if your seller will accept it for a refund (within their refund policy). If you don't know where your Warranty Center is, COMPLETE THIS FORM and include your serial number. We will assist with this. We want you to be pleased with your purchased.

I just got mine, totally bummed, turbo doesn't even last 10 seconds using AW icr 123, it flickers then gets hot immediately then shuts down. Even letting it cool won't let turbo come back on, I have tried all my batteries and it's all the same. I've never had a problem with Fenix lights before this, they're usually very good but definitely something wrong and I've heard of two others doing it.

LightObsession

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have you tried a 16340 battery? That is Fenix's preferred battery for that light, with the CR123 secondary. If you don't have longer run time with the 16340, then the light needs to go to the Warranty Center for evaluation. If you aren't pleased, you can always see if your seller will accept it for a refund (within their refund policy). If you don't know where your Warranty Center is, COMPLETE THIS FORM and include your serial number. We will assist with this. We want you to be pleased with your purchased.

The runtime chart shows that runtime is better for L, M and H using the CR123 primary, rather than the 16340.

Turbo is the only mode that benefits from using a 16340, according to the chart in the first post, and that's only for max output, not runtime.

If I got the light, I might be tempted to use CR123 primaries for the added runtime in the first three modes.

fenix store

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vendor
I surely see your thinking. I guess it is a "trade off." Please look at the user manual for this light.
http://www.fenixlight.com.cn/download/Fenix_E16_Multilingual_User_Manual.pdf

You will see this chart below. Notice the "Recommended" battery choice. Now, we are not saying this will resolve your short run time. You can decide if you need to make a return on your light. Again, we want you to be satisfied with your purchase. That is utmost.

Screen%20Shot%202019-01-25%20at%2012.14.39%20PM_zpsrpf5hpa8.png

The runtime chart shows that runtime is better for L, M and H using the CR123 primary, rather than the 16340.

Turbo is the only mode that benefits from using a 16340, according to the chart in the first post, and that's only for max output, not runtime.

If I got the light, I might be tempted to use CR123 primaries for the added runtime in the first three modes.