Old Nitecore i4 Intellicharger behavior

magellan

Honorary Aussie
By "old" I mean the pre-2016 version with the individual LEDs and not the newer, fancier display.

I just put an AW RCR123A black wrapper battery in it, and the charger did something I hadn't seen before. If the battery is dead and not chargeable, all three indicator LEDs will flash, I've seen that before.

This time the bottom one of the three LEDs began intermittently flashing on the rightmost slot, which is normal, and where I had the battery, indicating starting a charge. After a few seconds, all three LEDs on all four slots flashed on, then slot 4 went back to charging mode with just the one LED flashing. After a few seconds it did it again, and then after a few more seconds, it happened a third time. After that the charger just continued charging as normal with the one LED flashing. Then a few minutes later, the second indicator LED lit up, showing there was more of a charge than I thought (all three LEDs lit means fully charged).

I looked online and found the short manual here:

http://www.gearhack.com/docs/Niteco...en/Nitecore Intellicharger i4 User Manual.pdf

but there's no mention of this behavior. Anybody familiar with this charger know what's going on?

BTW, I'm aware that one should not charge just one NiMH AAA or lithium ion 10440 size batteries in this charger, as they could receive as much as 750 mAh, which is too high. As this is an AW RCR123A 750 mAh battery I figured it was okay.

Last edited: