Malkoff        

Thread: New 1x123 Titanium E-series McClickie Pak and some XP-L (HI) LED's added to the mix

Default New 1x123 Titanium E-series McClickie Pak and some XP-L (HI) LED's added to the mix

Hi Guys,
    After getting the Mahi heads machined I found I wanted a couple battery paks for myself that had a similar set of triangular milled pockets on them. I just like the way they feel in hand. I knew they would be expensive due to the machine time required for milling the pockets out. These paks can't be justified in terms of a functional improvement and strictly either appeal or not to the individual based on cosmetic and/or tactile merit. They have some more mass to them so the thermal capacity has been increased some. It would have been very expensive to just have a few machined so I did opt for a small run of them and am offering them at a price based on the added machine time required and expense to me. I kind of doubt that there will be an additional run of them but I won't rule it out completely. The stock and original titanium 1x123 pak has a price of $170 and these "Tri Paks" have a price of $235. I have photographed them with the various compatible heads to show how they look.

I initially thought about offering a limited run of this pak with the Mahi head and a HIVE light engine hosting a XP-L (HI) LED which I i picked up in a limited quantity as well. But I figured it would be more in keeping and probably easier in the ling run to just add the pak and the XL-L HI LED's to the offering and let the chips fall where they may.

The details on the XP-L HI I am working with are that they are 4250K CCT and min 80 CRI. Flus is 380 - 424 lumens (@ 1050 mA) I am charging $5 more for the XP-L (HI) puting its price as the same as the XML2 option.

I believe I have correctly changed the tables in the Pricing and offering thread to indicate these additions.
    Build Prices .... some mods and builds (not 4 sale) "Nature can be cruel- but we don't have to be."~ Temple Grandin

Default Re: New 1x123 Titanium E-series McClickie Pak and some XP-L (HI) LED's added to the m

Very nice! Definitely compliments the new Mahi head better than the old pak. Iím on the fence about it with the Haiku head.
    My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcp...5oUVN8rPDveKYA (EDC, Gear Reviews, and More!)

Default Re: New 1x123 Titanium E-series McClickie Pak and some XP-L (HI) LED's added to the m

Quote Originally Posted by the0dore3524 View Post
    Very nice! Definitely compliments the new Mahi head better than the old pak. Iím on the fence about it with the Haiku head.
    get 1 and i will

Excellent work Don! The new body looks stellar with the Mahi head.

How are the ergonomics, since it appears to lack the narrow body/flared tail of the traditional body?
    Hello darkness my old friend,
    I've come to talk with you again...
    I liked neutral tints before they were cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Random Dan View Post
    Excellent work Don! The new body looks stellar with the Mahi head.

How are the ergonomics, since it appears to lack the narrow body/flared tail of the traditional body?
    The pockets to me provide as good if not a bit better grip than the ribs and reduced diameter of the stock clip. Finger tips and pads can gain a good grip without need for much pressure.
    Build Prices .... some mods and builds (not 4 sale) "Nature can be cruel- but we don't have to be."~ Temple Grandin

Quote Originally Posted by the0dore3524 View Post
    I felt the same way, but it reminds me of an M1 (Albeit a Titanium one). I kinda like it.
    "It's not rocket surgery"

Perfect match with the Mahi head and also very nice on the Makai!

They look very nice. Would look great with the etched clip I expect.

Would there be ANY chance of you doing this pattern in 1xAA or 2xCR123?

Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, DC, New York City Manhattan

Don,

Will the old old battery packs still be available, In the event we need one? Love the the new design, very nice.

All the best,

NR
    Last edited by RedLED; 10-24-2018 at 05:33 PM.
    Check my Web Site: www.Redwayphoto.com

Quote Originally Posted by RedLED View Post
    Don,

Will the old old battery packs still be available, In the event we need one? Love the the new design, very nice.

All the best,

NR
    I don't know if any more of these will be made but the "stock" 1x123 pak is still the standard.

Quote Originally Posted by thenikjones View Post
    Would there be ANY chance of you doing this pattern in 1xAA or 2xCR123?
    No plans at present but I won't rule it out either.

Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, DC, New York City Manhattan

Thanks, Don.
    Check my Web Site: www.Redwayphoto.com

Just ordered the whole package. Mahi head with 1x123 Tri-Pak, Hive 3V, XP-L (HI) LED and etched clip. It will sit proudly near the door with my Haiku. My Mule sits on my nightstand.
    Last edited by Quoddy; 11-07-2018 at 06:23 AM.

Looks good. Definitely a better match for the Mahi head than the ribbed Clicky Pak. Though I think I'd prefer milled grooves near either end of the Pak, so the shoulder ring and tail ring would appear to stand out from the main part of the battery tube the same amount as they do on the ribbed Clicky Pak.
    Last edited by fyrstormer; 11-07-2018 at 04:20 AM.

Flashaholic*

from the limited shots ive seen, the XP-L HI makes for a really good beam in the sundrop.

The XP-L has been a winner in all the flashlights I've bought that have it. Cree did a good job designing it.

Got it today and it looks even better in person. To me, even though I'm a Mule fan, the beam, throw, and CRI look great.

]
    Last edited by Quoddy; 11-11-2018 at 03:56 PM.