advice on X9R Olight, should I keep or downgrade?

drjoeshmoe

Newly Enlightened
Hello,,
Just curious on others thoughts on the Olight X9R,
I should say, I would probably have several high dollar lights if not married!
My main flashlight is a Surefire Fury (500 lumen)

I mainly use my light for early morning swap meeting.
I came into a brand new Olight X9R ($600 retail) I paid $200... A steal!

My question would be,....would I be absolutely silly to walk around the swap with a 4+ pound flashlight on a shoulder strap?
I currently have it listed for sale.....but was sort of hoping it goes unsold.
However, maybe it would be more practical to sell the Olight, pocket the $200 I paid, and get another with less power and or size.
I was eyeballing the TK75 ($200)., or maybe that is a little big as well.

Any recommendations?
What I do like about the Olight....other than the bad *** effect of having 25,000 lumens. I like the micro charging port...and my surefire only has low and high, I would like at least a medium setting.

Charlie Hustle

Newly Enlightened
[FONT=&quot]I am not a fan of proprietary batteries, and don't live on a farm, so I probably won't need 25K lumens anytime soon. If the light exhibited something special like K60 type geometry, or a neutral tint I could see keeping it. In my opinion I would sell it.[/FONT]

mortuus

Newly Enlightened
wow u paid 200 for the x9r ? how is that even possible, even a used one should go for like double that atleast let a alone a brand new? sorry that seems not possible... keep it, ihave one and i love mine so nice looking light and well built.

Lumen83

Enlightened
It seems impractical for a swap meet light. But, is there any other application that you can use it for? Maybe its just a matter of using the fury for the swap meets and using the X9R for something else, like lighting up neighboring cities from your roof top.

Wonder

Newly Enlightened
Very few people would ever have a real need for such a light. If you need the money sell it. If you don't it's a great toy keep it.

ven

Flashaholic
Keep it, $200 invested is a bargain, the 25,000lm will help quench any further thirst for high lumen lights. There for ....................... save you money:D

:welcome:

drjoeshmoe

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the replys,
As far as finding this steal of a deal, we have an auction house here where a lot of swap meet sellers are buying Amazon overstock and return pallets.
I was eye balling the fenix TK75....then discovered the Fenix TK72R.
I was thinking with the TK72R, if may be more practicle with its floodyness