Haven't posted in years - from whom do you buy lithium primaries nowadays?

magellan

Honorary Aussie
Not sure about the AAA or AA ones, but I was pleased to find the local drug store carries the Energizer 9V Ultimate Lithium which we use in our smoke detectors.

magellan

Honorary Aussie
Also you could try Mountain Electronics.

Also I'm noticing these little batteries stores popping up now, we have Batteries + Bulbs in our area (Baltimore area) and they have this Ultralife brand. Don't know if they're any good, but recently bought a couple of the 9V to try.

I noticed they have a silver colored wrapper just like the Duracell ones. I suppose you can't copyright a simple color design, maybe you could something more distinctive, but it could be they're counting on the similarity to the Duracell to catch the consumer's eye.

Last edited:

archimedes

Flashaholic
Would rather not have direct external sales links posted in "where to buy" type threads like this (which tend to attract spam) .... It's fine to just name the retailer, since most know how to find stuff on the web ;)

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's pretty easy to buy brand name lithium primaries in lots of places these days. All of the major on-line light stores also carry cells as well. My grocery store sells AA and AAA lithium primaries, but unless they are on sale they are not that good of a deal. Amazon sells all the sizes, and Walmart sells the AA, AAA, and 9v, but I don't know about CR123As from them. Most of the farm stores carry the AA and AAA cells, and occasionally have them on sale for like $1.50 each.

If you have questions about the quality of any off brands you run across HKJ has great reviews of pretty much every cell on the market. It is worth looking them over before you buy.

PJ

Enlightened
Target has 6 and 12 packs available which are a little cheaper per cell.
I have found them on clearance every so often for about a buck a cell at grocery (Kroger) stores.

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
Battery Station is also my preference. If you're looking for CR123's, you can usually find the SF brand at Home Depot or Lowes in a pinch. The price isn't terrible.