NEXTORCH - 300 m long-shot E6        

Thread: Haven't posted in years - from whom do you buy lithium primaries nowadays?

Flashaholic*

Default Haven't posted in years - from whom do you buy lithium primaries nowadays?

It's been ages since I had a need. Forgot some of the sites I used to use that I learned of here...

Default Re: Haven't posted in years - from whom do you buy lithium primaries nowadays?

Batterystation
    I DO NOT HAVE...
    AURORAPHOBIA, OR EOSOPHOBIA, OR EREUTHOBPHOBIA, OR ERYTHROPHOBIA, OR ERYTOPHOBIA, OR PHENGOPHOBIA, OR PHOTOAUGLIAPHOBIA, PHOTOPHOBIA, OR SELAPHOBIA..

Honorary Aussie

Default Re: Haven't posted in years - from whom do you buy lithium primaries nowadays?

Not sure about the AAA or AA ones, but I was pleased to find the local drug store carries the Energizer 9V Ultimate Lithium which we use in our smoke detectors.
    It is better to buy a beautiful, expensive, custom flashlight than to curse the darkness.

Honorary Aussie

Also you could try Mountain Electronics.

Also Iím noticing these little batteries stores popping up now, we have Batteries + Bulbs in our area (Baltimore area) and they have this Ultralife brand. Donít know if theyíre any good, but recently bought a couple of the 9V to try.

I noticed they have a silver colored wrapper just like the Duracell ones. I suppose you canít copyright a simple color design, maybe you could something more distinctive, but it could be theyíre counting on the similarity to the Duracell to catch the consumerís eye.
    Last edited by magellan; 10-18-2018 at 08:03 AM.
    It is better to buy a beautiful, expensive, custom flashlight than to curse the darkness.

Batterystation and midway when they go on sale
    hunter, fisherman, flashlight enthusiast

Good deal at LApolicegear.com right now
    C
    Chris

Would rather not have direct external sales links posted in "where to buy" type threads like this (which tend to attract spam) .... It's fine to just name the retailer, since most know how to find stuff on the web
    ... is the archimedes peak

It's pretty easy to buy brand name lithium primaries in lots of places these days. All of the major on-line light stores also carry cells as well. My grocery store sells AA and AAA lithium primaries, but unless they are on sale they are not that good of a deal. Amazon sells all the sizes, and Walmart sells the AA, AAA, and 9v, but I don't know about CR123As from them. Most of the farm stores carry the AA and AAA cells, and occasionally have them on sale for like $1.50 each.

If you have questions about the quality of any off brands you run across HKJ has great reviews of pretty much every cell on the market. It is worth looking them over before you buy.
    Remember, Two is One, and One is None!.

Target has 6 and 12 packs available which are a little cheaper per cell.
    I have found them on clearance every so often for about a buck a cell at grocery (Kroger) stores.

Burt what is a good price for AAA & AA ? vs average retail not on sale?

Quote Originally Posted by lumen aeternum View Post
    Burt what is a good price for AAA & AA ? vs average retail not on sale?
    About the cheapest I have found was $1.50 per cell.
    Remember, Two is One, and One is None!.

Flashaholic*

Batterystation - that was one! Thank you all for the replies, it's been a long time since I've been around here...

Battery Station is also my preference. If you're looking for CR123's, you can usually find the SF brand at Home Depot or Lowes in a pinch. The price isn't terrible.
    ďMay it be a light to you in dark places, when all other lights go out.Ē
    J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring