Jetbeam        

Thread: Olight R50 seeker

Flashaholic*

Default Olight R50 seeker

Guys,

I have an Olight R50 seeker that can charge the included battery in the light. If I replace it with another 26650 li-ion battery, will it still charge? Or it has to Olight battery specifically made for the R50 seeker? Thanks.

Default Re: Olight R50 seeker

No. Only Olight batteries will charge in the flashlight. Also, just FYI, I'm pretty sure that th flashlight is not reverse polarity protected. If you put the battery in backwards, it burns out the flashlight!

Thatís a terrific design if that is true🤔😔
    If i had one day left to live i would want to be at my workplace.Because every day is like a frickin eternity.

Flashaholic*

Thanks Barry.

Can the battery be charged on a battery charger or will it short it out since both positive and negative is on the negative side?
    TM36 Lite | Vish's ThruNite TN36UTVN | Olight S1-Cu Baton Raw Copper | Olight S1-Cu Baton Exclusive Raw SS Copper

Quote Originally Posted by trailhunter View Post
    Can the battery be charged on a battery charger or will it short it out since both positive and negative is on the negative side?
    I'm pretty sure it can only be charged in the light.

If you have a defective battery contact Olight as they had warrantied them in the past as there was a known issue. One of mine failed a while back and they sent me out a new one with no hassle.
    "There ain't no bones in a hotdog" F. York.