Olight PL-2RL BALDR - A Short and Brief Unboxing

rookiedaddy

Enlightened
I received a unit of Olight PL-2RL BALDR from Olight the same time I received the Olight S2R Baton II. As my most dangerous tool is my dull kitchen knives, I'll treat this as a normal flashlight unboxing. I'll be leaving the light with my local distributor at their showroom as display unit after a few weeks.

n9GEt5W.jpg

fNKOJwd.jpg

First thing first, this is a 2 modes light with the addition of laser light with easy switching between flashlight only, flashlight + laser, or laser only. I measured the output of the flashlight to be:
ModeManufacturer Claim
(Lumens)
My measurement
CR123A (Lumens)
16340 IMR Cell
Low400450450
High1,2001,3851,420

Yes, it works with rechargeable cells but it is not recommended by Olight.

The included user manual:
eW0wDAO.jpg

bXNMQwN.jpg

ZiXRMul.jpg

the full package contents:
3fkEj0x.jpg

there are some spare parts that I have no idea what's the use for. I'm guessing it's for different mounting use.

compatible models to install PL-2RL on
TxixPfg.jpg

4fd1kuM.jpg

Front of the light
8LvgBLW.jpg

the laser would be at the bottom when installed. so this picture is upside down... :whistle:

3rJDuWf.jpg

viYmJdw.jpg

Uu04OW7.jpg

f9n1DBV.jpg

the middle and side screw hole at the laser light is to allow adjustment to be made to align the laser with your scope, according to Olight...

this is the battery compartment:
TIQ57m8.jpg

pull down the level to release the cover. also easier to install batteries when pulled down.

YrKp3Sb.jpg

TZiZrKv.jpg

the mode switch, dial to flashlight only
f9n1DBV.jpg

sample output:
Ab7c7ew.jpg

dial to flashlght + laser
TktC1B2.jpg

sample output:
gpdD0JQ.jpg

dial to laser only
gpdD0JQ.jpg

sample output:
QfpycZz.jpg

Surprisingly I quite like the UI tho...
  • Click on either side button to turn ON the light in last used mode
  • Click and Hold either side button to activate tactical momentary ON in last used mode
  • When light is ON, double click will toggle between Low and High mode, it will be memorized
  • Click both side button to activate strobe mode, click again either or both button to turn OFF
Perhaps Olight can find a way to implement this UI in their simpler tactical flashlight model. :nana:

Well, there you go, a quick unboxing. :grin2:

Last edited: