pigtail harness for sealed beam in a oem 9005/9006 system

leigh1962

Newly Enlightened
Hi

I have finally decided to convert my 97 GMT400 Tahoe to a sealed beam worktruck nose. I have all the necessary hardware located except for a 9005/9006 pigtail to 3 pin the sealed beam replacements use.

Is there such a harness for the conversion?

It was recommended to consider JD Speaker. What do they use for a connector?

Thanks

Alaric Darconville

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have finally decided to convert my 97 GMT400 Tahoe to a sealed beam worktruck nose.
That's a fairly-common upgrade (which to the uninformed would look like a downgrade; perhaps aesthetically it is but on a functional level it's definitely not).

I have all the necessary hardware located except for a 9005/9006 pigtail to 3 pin the sealed beam replacements use.
Is there such a harness for the conversion?

Because we're dealing with LED lamps, you can make your own fairly easily; voltage losses aren't a huge deal because you'll be using LEDs instead of halogen bulbs.

It was recommended to consider JD Speaker. What do they use for a connector?
That's JW Speaker, they make excellent lamps (perhaps expensive, but if you're in for a quatloo you might as well go in for a brick of gold-pressed latinum). Their sealed beam form factor lamps use the sealed beam connectors as they are a direct replacement for sealed beams.

-Virgil-

Flashaholic
The JW Speaker lamps are top stuff, for sure, and they come with a lens heater (chrome or black) or without heater (chrome or black). There are some other LED headlamp units that merit consideration, and a whole lot that don't. And there are good (and bad) non-LED options, too. All of them take the same kind of 3-prong connector socket as a sealed beam. There are other details that need to be addressed, too, depending on the production date and spec of your truck (DRLs, etc). Talk to Daniel Stern (website) about the particulars of this changeout -- pigtails, lamp selection, etc.

Latest posts