A little Surefire M6 love.

scout24

Flashaholic
I took my fire survivor M6 CB out to walk my pups tonight. About 30°F, 5 or 6 inches of snow on the ground. I'm running six primaries and an MN-20, with Altermann's McClicky adapter. There's just something about using this light that makes me smile. A nice solid handful with gloves on, beautiful beam shape and temp, and for 20 minutes or so I was spotting deer at 200+ yards while having no trouble eyeballing my dogs in the generous spill. This light lived on top of my gun safe in it's previous life, and is now semi retired. It's earned it, but after a thorough scrubbing and re-lubing, it looks pretty good for an old soldier. Pics to follow... I ponder buying a backup almost every time I use it. Anyone out there still regularly using an M6?

thermal guy

Flashaholic
I've never owned one but when I got into lights way back when I ALWAYS wanted one. But,,, then the led's hit the market and I like many started the Lumens chase. I could get more lumens with 4 times the run.but no where near the beautiful beam of them old lights. I just dug my E2E out and remembered how great that old p60 is.

badtziscool

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've always been a fan of the M6, though I've never owned one. I love the looks and the operation. I just wish there was a way to modernize it with current led technology but keep the reflector. Also I wished the body was able to accept 3 18650 for extended runtimes and to justify the larger body but it's just not quite big enough. However, with the new 21700 format, that might be something to consider.

Last edited:

id30209

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've got one few months ago. Bought Fivemega 3x16650 adapter and TadCustoms bi-pin bulb socket. Invested in WA1331 bulbs and now i have my primary work light shining @600-800lm while draining cells at 2A only (rechargeables[emoji3])... So yeah, there are still M6 working hard until retirement!

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
The M6 is a great light! I use my M6 with a Malkoff MD60 and since ~1 year I also use TAD customs bulbs with the bi pin socket. Unfortunately the original dropins / tower modules are hard to find. Therefore I use aftermarket stuff.

I use my M6 with an odd mods (?? not sure long time ago I bought this carrier) battery carrier that can handle 2x18650 cells

ven

Flashaholic
Its been there for me on my want list for a while. Watching insidious the other day reminded me i need one as well(near the start where the alarm goes off and doors are opened in the house, he reaches for an m6. Even unscrews the tail cap a good bit when done ). I would need to use rechargeable fuel though, running 6x cr123 is not an option for me.

Pics please:D

tab665

Flashlight Enthusiast
i gifted my M6 to my dad a few years ago. i still use my M4 though. when i gave mine to my dad i made sure to include a 3 x 17670 battery carrier. there is nothing better than that split second of actually seeing an incan turn on/off.

mcm308

Enlightened
I need to find another M6 myself but I like the M4 a hair better and its what I use. M4 and M6, 2 of the greatest lights ever produced, IMO

scout24

Flashaholic
Only because you asked, Ven... :nana: Before and after. The sheetrock and debris falling on it saved most of the finish, there was a Mag mod on top of the same safe that was full of water and the ano was mostly gone. The fickle finger of fate, what makes it and what doesn't. The discoloration on the back of the head is permanent, nothing I've done has taken it off. It saw a bunch of hours digging in what was left of my basement. I found it, twisted it on and it worked, so I wiped off the lens and put it in use! :D

20180224_172910-768x1024.jpg

20181119_193649-768x1024.jpg

Screenshot_20181120-130003_Gallery-768x1579.jpg

Last edited:

LiftdT4R

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, that's an awesome story and one tough light!!

I have an old M6. I've been kicking around ideas for it for years. I'd like a multimode drop in or something around 100 to 200 lumens but really haven't found much in the way of that.

mcm308

Enlightened
Wow, that's an awesome story and one tough light!!

I have an old M6. I've been kicking around ideas for it for years. I'd like a multimode drop in or something around 100 to 200 lumens but really haven't found much in the way of that.
That would be blasphemy! The only way an M6 should be ran is max output full throttle baby! Theres many other choices better suited for those low lumen requirements...lol

archimedes

Flashaholic
Can't say it sees regular use, but mine has a rechargeable carrier and a soft-start ... occasionally gets lit up for grins :)

zoozB40.jpg

Last edited:

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have 3! One stock currently running the MN20 LA but sometimes I run the MN15 LA for 2+ hours of nice white incan goodness. I have one in my bug out bag with an Malkoff MD60 topped with a SF beam diffuser, flood or throw on the go! I also have the "sea cucumber." M6 body and M3 bezel. Depending on my mood I run either an MN10 LA or Malkoff MD10. It is also topped with an SF beam diffuser. I recently picked up the latest Malkoff module for SF M series lights. I also have about a half dozen MN 20/21s.

Theres just something special about a big incan!!!

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
WOW scout, thats a tough cookie that m6.:cool: thanks for the pics/story. I love the look/form of this beast a lot. At some point next year, i will add one to my little SF family. Have to keep an eye out for one UK side. I dont quite know or can explain, maybe being over saturated with LED's and flavours, the incand interest is creeping up. Be it the little E1e or 6p incand, they never fail to make me grin and always impress me with the beam. LED's are awesome, no question there, but they just cant do what incand's do, the warmth/glow /CRI and the feel of nostalgia.

In several applications, they dont quite win for convenience(life/efficiency etc), but the odd use feels special when used.

Night lights guys:D

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
I always keep one in my dresser drawer with the MN21 HOLA installed and a spare battery pack ready to go. I used it outside a couple of weeks ago to scare some punks away from the windows of our building. It worked quite well! The M6 is a beast.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I took my fire survivor M6 CB out to walk my pups tonight. About 30°F, 5 or 6 inches of snow on the ground. I'm running six primaries and an MN-20, with Altermann's McClicky adapter. There's just something about using this light that makes me smile. A nice solid handful with gloves on, beautiful beam shape and temp, and for 20 minutes or so I was spotting deer at 200+ yards while having no trouble eyeballing my dogs in the generous spill. This light lived on top of my gun safe in it's previous life, and is now semi retired. It's earned it, but after a thorough scrubbing and re-lubing, it looks pretty good for an old soldier. Pics to follow... I ponder buying a backup almost every time I use it. Anyone out there still regularly using an M6?

Not regularly. But I still have mine. Had no clue it would become a classic basically a few months after I bought it. Just seems SureFire discontinued it WAY too soon.

flashfan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Still have my two SF M6 lights, and they can still bring a smile to my face when I turn them on. Don't use them much anymore, but dusted one off about two weeks ago and turned it on. Yup, a great light and a keeper, even if my first M6 is so old that it came with a Lexan lens...lol!

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
I usually keep my M6 loaded with 2X 18650's and an MN15. Nice beam and runtime.

Bill