Looking to DIY P60 drop ins, looking for parts sources

Geoffrey

Newly Enlightened
I had posted this in the custom builder section but didn't find exactly what I was looking for so I'm considering going the DIY route if the components are available.

Since I live in a very cold climate I rely heavily on CR123a cells. I daily carry with an 18650 but all my backups are CR123a cells.

What I'd like to build:
Drop in with amps suitable for 2x CR123 or 1x 18650
Single, Triple, or Quad LED
Multiple modes, possibly sble to program the module to change modes a big plus

I enjoying working with electronics and think I'd like building my own modules, it seems the driver may be hard to find since most are setup for 18650 use and not 2xCR123a use.

Any help is most appreciated.

Thanks

Geoffrey

DrafterDan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is suggest mountain electronics, for a Zener-mod 7135 driver. That can handle 2x 18350. I don't know how it will do with a single 3.7v though. I built up a Convoy S8+ using that and a MTG2 LED, which is basically 4 emitters on one die.

thslw8jg

Enlightened
Some good sources for P60/D26 dropin parts are Mountain Electronics, Kaidomain, Fastech, Bangood, GearBest and International Outdoor Store. The overseas store take 2-3 weeks for the parts to arrive.
Good luck on your build.

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's very pricey, but there's a Lux-RC 20mm driver with a choice of leds available at Oveready.com. Fully programmable via an optical interface from a phone or PC.
Very happy on 3.7volts, 7.4 volts or 6 volts.
Have a look, even just vicariously.
P

Geoffrey

Newly Enlightened
It's very pricey, but there's a Lux-RC 20mm driver with a choice of leds available at Oveready.com. Fully programmable via an optical interface from a phone or PC.
Very happy on 3.7volts, 7.4 volts or 6 volts.
Have a look, even just vicariously.
P

Thanks everyone for the suggestions so far.

I have checked that one out and it's a beauty for sure just beyond my budget. lol.

I really like my pflexpro, so much so that I'd like to try to find something similar suitable for 6V setups.