One good thrower and one good flood, for under $300 each

azsiros

Newly Enlightened
I'm definitely a newbie when it comes to high powered flashlights, I have only owned one - the Olight R50 Seeker 2800 and then I lost it! Wondering what you would pick if you only had 2 lights - a good compact thrower and a good pop can flood and trying to stay under $600 for both. The compact thrower would have to be relatively small in size, fit in your glove compartment or pocket with 300M+ for distance and and easy charging. Would it be the Olight R50 or maybe the Acebeam EC50 Gen III?? And for a flood that you can only spend $300 or so, would it be the Acebeam X45, the Nitecore TM06 , Olight X7R Marauder, Astrolux MF01?? Let me know what you would pick and we'll see what comes out as the most popular.

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Haikelite Q30 looks like it will take care of the flood part and you'll have $550 left over for a Thrower

Luminous Van

Newly Enlightened
Easy... thrunite cat v6 for throw.. thrunite tc20 for flood.. both are super compact.

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
My duo of choice is:

ROT66 SST20 4000k + Lee 804 filter: 95-98cri of super high R9 goodness with 5000+ lumen output in one huge defined hotspot as my flooder

T21vn Osram Black Flat: 650kcd and 750 lumens making for 1 mile of throw with a pencil beam, in a small plunger style light for my thrower

Luminous Van

Newly Enlightened
I have one. I'm definitely not impressed.
Have one what? For the money, you can't beat this combo. They both take the same battery. A 26650. So not having to have, ie multiple cells of different sizes is great. They're both super compact for what they offer. And for way under $300 each it's a no brainer. Simple function, modes etc.. are there better throwers and flood lights? Yes!. But then most of the higher end lights take multiple cells and are much bigger. Remember dude had a r50. These 2 will not disappoint.

Blglov

Newly Enlightened
I'd say if I could pick 2 lights to go out a little exploring trip would be my Fenix TK35 UE. Since I got that one they've come out with the TK35 UE 2018 edition. Mine is the 1800 lumen model and I like it for a little more of a hotspot beam. If the new one is 3200 lumens supposedly it would blow mine out of the water. That being said I think the tk35 actually throws a decent distance. If I could pick my flood light I'd go with my r50pro seeker LE. Since you've owned a seeker before you may already know it's floodiness, not sure the specs on the 2800 lumen model, You may like the car charger with, I like how it has a bay you set it in. since you're looking for something that's easier to charge on the go possibly. I can't testify to the newer lights since I have the tk35 ue, but I'm sure if I had the new one I'd still probably pick my tk35. But also I've never owned brands besides Fenix, Olight, and Nitecore so my opinion may be biased. I'd stay away from nite core because of personal experiences with the brand. So they're probably some lights that would be better for you in certain ways I'm just throwing two of favorite little lights out there. Possibly look into some beam shots of both lights. You could get both of those lights for under $300, but you'd have to get the batteries and charger as we'll for the tk35. blglov

Last edited: