Bright single LED flashlight?

Karel

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

I need a bright tight beam for a particular pupose (a foot diameter at 15ft away). A figure a bright torch could do it.

What's out there that's really bright and wouldn't cost too much? Something with an adjustable beam would be great.

Cheers!

Last edited:

Thetasigma

Flashlight Enthusiast
An Emisar D1S or Mini GT should be able to do that for $40-50. If you want adjustable you need a zoomie, most of which are cheap trash. The best route to go for a zoomie is to build or have someone else build out a UF-T20 host with a driver and LED of your choice from Mountain Electronics. The only good manufacturer I know of that has decent zoomie lights is some of the LEDLenser offerings.

Karel

Newly Enlightened
Thanks hugely! That should get me started. :twothumbs

If anyone knows of where to source these items in the UK (postage from the US is going to be slow this time of year) it would be much appreciated. Cheers!

LED_Power_Forums

Newly Enlightened
How about Fenix FD45? It can zoom to have tight and throwy beam or wide flood beam. Uses common 4xAA battery, and can reach 900 lumen on turbo. It's Fenix, so quality should be better than most cheap zoomie on the market. :duh2: