Titanium 123 any good?

thermal guy

Flashaholic
After some searching I get mixed results on these primary 123 batteries. From what I can understand they had some issues including low shelf life. Have they improved or do they still have problems?🤔

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
I've been using them for years. Noticed no issues with them. HJK gives them a pretty good review, that they do well at higher amp drain.

Bill

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Thanks. looks like not to many want to get into a battery debate here.im guessing the issues they had have been worked out now.

Thetasigma

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have not personally used Titanium CR123s so with that in mind this is just information I've read, the Titanium CR123s have in the past been reported to have lower capacity at moderate drain, high self discharge, and some reliability issues. I do not know if they have improved in more recent years however. Personally I don't use all that many CR123s so the extra 18 cents for a USA made Panasonic cell doesn't amount to anything for the known reliability and performance of the cell. Currently the Titanium Cr123s are on special for 94 cents a piece from Battery Junction so if you use a fair amount of them that may be a viable option for you if you don't need long term storage.

Lumenz

Enlightened
The last time I used the Titanium batteries was about 6 years ago and mine self discharged after less than a year in storage. Now I only use Panasonic primary CR123A batteries. Are the Titaniums better now? I don't care. I'll stay with what I know works.

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
Selfbuilt did a lengthy review on them against others and felt that they were good. If there was any nit, it was that the PTC (safty ?) might have kicked in at a higher temp, potentially being an issue, but I'm going on two years since I read his review and it was a close call, either way.

For me, the few extra cents spent on the Panasonic USA offerings, isn't a big concern. I'll just continue drinking Miller Lites, to make up for the difference.

Chris

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast
My personal experience over a few years, no premature failures, shelf life as advertised. The other primary CR123A's that I used were Surefire and Four Sevens...All seemed equal and of excellent quality...

Latest posts