Pocket clip that attaches to Surefire Z68/Defender tailcap

masakari

Newly Enlightened
I know I've seen it somewhere... I'm looking for a pocket clip that mounts to a Surefire tailcap, like the Z68 or Defender shrouded ones. Where can I get it?
Alternatively, does anyone make an E Series tailcap with a built in clip?
Thanks guys.

Last edited:

scout24

Flashaholic
I have drilled and tapped Z68's and attached McGizmo pocketclips without too much trouble. Others will disagree, but I feel there's enough thickness there to have good threads and haven't had one come loose or strip. You'd do well to consider it "one and done", not removing and replacing clips repeatedly. I've edc'd them, giving due care. Never had a problem. YMMV... 😋

View attachment 8965

View attachment 8966

Last edited:

masakari

Newly Enlightened
I have drilled and tapped Z68's and attached McGizmo pocketclips without too much trouble. Others will disagree, but I feel there's enough thickness there to have good threads and haven't had one come loose or strip. You'd do well to consider it "one and done", not removing and replacing clips repeatedly. I've edc'd them, giving due care. Never had a problem. YMMV... 😋

View attachment 8965

View attachment 8966

I definitely don't want to have to drill and tap my tailcap.

What about Vital Gear FB2 bodies? Anything like that still available?

masakari

Newly Enlightened
All the E Series photos I looked at have the clip attached to the body. Is a tailcap with clip something Surefire did, or a third party?

Third party.
The reason I'm asking is because I have a Surefire Tactician and would like to carry it bezel down with clicky tailcap.

night.hoodie

Enlightened
Third party.
The reason I'm asking is because I have a Surefire Tactician and would like to carry it bezel down with clicky tailcap.

If you run the light without something in the stock clip goove, it has been said elsewhere on these forums that it may compromize the o-ring's water-tighness. I'm not sure where I read or if I made up that running a tail cap clip also may put undo stress on tail threads, increasing chances of catastrophic thread failure, snapped threads, but I have never seen evidence of this. Also, I am pretty sure Vital Gear had clips on tail caps, though they are hard to find.

One option is Lumens Factory 2-way long clip, unless you really want a tail cap clip. I think Tactician's tail cap is pretty sweet, so this clip would let you retain it.

Also, scout24, that is so awesome. Want.

masakari

Newly Enlightened
If you run the light without something in the stock clip goove, it has been said elsewhere on these forums that it may compromize the o-ring's water-tighness. I'm not sure where I read or if I made up that running a tail cap clip also may put undo stress on tail threads, increasing chances of catastrophic thread failure, snapped threads, but I have never seen evidence of this. Also, I am pretty sure Vital Gear had clips on tail caps, though they are hard to find.

One option is Lumens Factory 2-way long clip, unless you really want a tail cap clip. I think Tactician's tail cap is pretty sweet, so this clip would let you retain it.

Also, scout24, that is so awesome. Want.

The lumens factory clip is for the standard body, the Tactician uses a slightly wider clip and is not backwards compatible.
And I already swapped out the Tactician tailcap... I like clicky.