Inexpensive Toshiba AA batteries

jdb2

Newly Enlightened
At BJ's wholesale club, a New England based club like Costco and Sam's, I found an offer of Toshiba AA batteries, 48 for $10.99. (I was in the Stoneham, MA, store this evening).

The expiration date was Jan. 2008, while the Duracell batteries next to them had a date of 2010 - they were priced at 28 for $9.99, if I remember correctly.

I don't know if that difference in freshness dating matters. It is the cheapest offer for AA batteries I can remember seeing at retail in this area.

Jay

JerryM

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have used Toshiba AA batteries, and SAM's once had them at about that price. They were perfectly satisfactory.

If I needed AAs and could find them I would buy them.

Jerry

udaman

Banned
[ QUOTE ]
jdb2 said:
At BJ's wholesale club, a New England based club like Costco and Sam's, I found an offer of Toshiba AA batteries, 48 for $10.99. (I was in the Stoneham, MA, store this evening).

The expiration date was Jan. 2008, while the Duracell batteries next to them had a date of 2010 - they were priced at 28 for $9.99, if I remember correctly.

I don't know if that difference in freshness dating matters. It is the cheapest offer for AA batteries I can remember seeing at retail in this area.

Jay

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, see this thread and others on 2300maH(non-rechargeables are about 2500maH), Energizer or Sanyo 2300maH AA rechargeagbles.

Chargers for 2300maH Energizer AA's

Disposable batteries of any type just contribute in a way(it's debateable how much harm the do) to global pollution problems. A rechargeable battery will last conservativly 100 times longer than a disposable.

At $2.25 battery, the Energizer 2300mah AA's in the 8 pack, at Wal-Mart, does help in some small way to reduce pollution. Time to stop buying disposable, one use AA batteries. Now if we can only get Li-phospate or Li-Sulfur batteries in AA form factor by the end of this year, I'd say don't buy AA NiMH batteries at all. What do you do with all these spent batteries...this about it!

billw

Enlightened
>> A rechargeable battery will last conservativly 100 times longer than a disposable.

I don't think so. mine tend to get lost, or damaged through overcharging or "something" much faster than their "lifetime specifications" would seem to imply...

And don't we all "recycle" our used batteries, anyway? (Hmm.
does anyone happen to know exactly what happens during battery
recycling? Is it just a form of hazmat disposal, or do useful
things actually occur? For all types of disposed batteries?)

billw