Where do you buy your 18650 and 27650? trusted sites Thanks

joe2004

Newly Enlightened
Hello,

Where do you buy your batteries from since there are so many fake ones out there. Also, what brands are the best one to looks for in 18650 and 27650.

Thanks

cactus man

Newly Enlightened
I used to buy my batteries from E-Bay, Amazon etc. I have encountered fake products over the years
As the prices of 18650 protected batteries have increased I decided to stay with a known brand.

I have Fenix LED flashlights ..I have experienced some odd brands of 18650 batteries that do not fit!

Today I may pay a bit more but I now only purchase Fenix batteries the 3500mah protected model directly from
Fenix....This may cost a bit more in the short run but I feel confident and safe with their batteries.

I use the XTAR series XP1 and XP2 battery chargers without any incidents.

Why take a chance with fake or no name batteries that make claims that are not true...
You get what you pay for and I prefer to pay a bit more and get a known and reliable product.

Cactus Man

Nokoff

Enlightened
Hello,

Where do you buy your batteries from since there are so many fake ones out there. Also, what brands are the best one to looks for in 18650 and 27650.

Thanks
Where do you live. Two places in the States. Illumn.com or Mtn Electronics if Illumn doesn't have what I need.

Find the ones that fit your need and look up the reviews here or on BLF.

If you tell us the flashlight someone usually knows what works best with it.

parametrek

Enlightened
It doesn't really matter whose batteries you buy. Who you buy them from is crucial however. There are a couple of shops in the US that have built a good reputation selling legitimate cells for fair prices:

• Illumn (CA)
  • Mountain Electronics (CO)
  • IMR Batteries (TX)
  • Vruzend (FL)
  • Li Ion Wholesale (PA)
  • Orbtronic (FL)
  • 18650 Battery Store (GA)

Basically anything you buy from these guys will be good. If you'd like to quickly search and compare all the batteries they sell I have a database of their entire inventories.

zekeman

Newly Enlightened
I've used Battery Junction for several years and always gotten good products from them.

LogansRun

Newly Enlightened
Good thread as this is good information to have.

Can anyone speak to good sites within Canada or that will ship to Canada?

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can anyone speak to good sites within Canada or that will ship to Canada?

I usually order from Illum in the US. Genuine cells, though shipping can make it expensive if you're only getting a few cells. Still, they're the cheapest US option for cells to Canada.

If you only want a few, you can risk ordering from Aliexpress. Stores that seem to sell genuine cells are The Sunway Store and Aliya's Battery Store. Be very wary of other stores unless you've heard they are good, since there are a ton of fakes on Aliexpress.

Banggood sometimes will ship to Canada, and their cells are good. But, it's probably not worth even checking them out, since they very seldom will ship to Canada.

Finally, you can order from Canadian vape shops, such as The Vaporist. It's the most expensive option and the least choice, though.

LogansRun

Newly Enlightened
Thanks WalkIntoTheLight, the information is very helpful. I used to buy li-ion's through Ebay and, while I had to be very selective with the vendors, I lucked out and got some decent and legit Panasonic & Sanyo cells. But, it's been awhile and I see most of the stores have given way to questionable vendors. Yeah, agreed about Aliexpress... I notice Aliya's is still there but not Sunway Store.

I've heard mixed reviews about Banggood as well. I have friends who purchase cells from vape shops but they are so expensive.

I've been in contact with various online shops that ship li-ions to Canada so I'll consolidate the information:
- 18650batterystore (US based) - Waiting for response
- Aliya's Battery Store (Store on Aliexpress) -
- Illumn (US based) - Genuine cells, though shipping can make it expensive if you're only getting a few cells. Still, they're the cheapest US option for cells to Canada.
- MackOutdoors (Cdn based). They will ship (of course) but have limited selection although they do have the new EagTac 3400mAh and 3500mAh cells
- Nkon.nl (Netherlands based?) - Great selection BUT... they charge a flat 30 Euros for shipping to Canada
- Orbtronics (US based) - They just sent me a note that they are able to ship up to 20 cells to Canada and they have some decent options
- The Sunway Store -
- Zebralight (US based) - Their default response is that they can only ship to US addresses but... there is a potential to ship with a light purchase.

Hot Brass

Enlightened
Some other Canadian dealers:
-Everything Fenix
-Canadian Flashlights
-Flashlight World
-J2ledflashlight
-Ledlenser
-Olight Canada
Google for more.HB

Entropy_S

Newly Enlightened
I initially bought my cells off Amazon (gotta love the free shipping) but then realized there was no service after the sale. I gravitated to Illumn (San Jose, CA.) and haven't looked back. Cell prices are much better in most cases, and they are the largest dealer/distributor of KeepPower batteries in the United States (they distribute to several other smaller companies). Buy with confidence!