Surefire 9P w/150s & Z58 clickie

kfasold

Newly Enlightened
(Hopefully I remembered the correct part #'s! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I received my order from Jon on Friday, and immediately started playing with the Pila cel's.

Discovered I could indeed use two 150s in my 9P, but had to back the bezel off & change back to a Z41 tailcap -- the Z58 (clickie from L5) wouldn't screw in enough to function.

Tried assorted placements of the extra springs, eventually got it working but lost the lock out function.

Then the 'eureka' moment arrived. My 9P is actually a 6P w/an extender (A19). I pulled the extender & put the extra spring in there! Could tighten the bezel down, and use the clickie tailcap worked fine! Unfortunately, the extender's O-ring was exposed, so I knew waterresistance would be compromised.

Since Jon was kind enough to send several springs, I started 'trimming' down & discovered I could remove 1 3/4 'rings' (i.e. revolutions of the spring) & the light would still work (& the o-ring was not exposed).

Since switching to the 9P from my 6R for duty belt, I found myself using the light more conservatively, and grabbing the Streamlight 20X a lot more (tying up a hand unnecessarily most of the time). Even at $1 each, I guess burning the 123's was getting to my subconscious! NOW I DON'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT THAT.

I also carry an L4 in my back pocket for more diffuse "area light", and with a 168s in there I'm set to go w/renewable power!

YES!!!!!!!!

kf /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

(ps> Jon, you can expect another order after my 'extra jobs' checks arrive in a couple of weeks!)

[edited 3-9 -- had the part # wrong for the a19]