SF & Battery Station 123A's

webley445

Flashlight Enthusiast
SF & Battery Station 123A\'s

Any real difference between the two? Say the member special at Batt-Station and was wondering bout getting some.

Canuckle

Newly Enlightened
Re: SF & Battery Station 123A\'s

Have not used the SF 123's myself, but the common concensus seems to be that you would be better off sticking with the SF if you're using an incandescent light (high current draw), while the Battery Station PRC (China) made 123's are fine for anything from Arc.

darkgear.com

Enlightened

Batterystation 123's have been tested by some members here to EASILY be within 5% the capacity of SF's.

Expanding on what Canuckle said. I would still use SF's for HIGH draw incandescnt usage like 350 lumens and above. I use Batterystation 123's in my 200 Lumen SNII all the time without thermal failure. Batterystation 123's will handle anything below that without a problem in ANY brand flashlight.

You can't beat Kevin's awesome CPF deal for these 123's AND he is a CPF supporter. What else do you need?

Best regards,
Randy

Bravo25

Flashlight Enthusiast

Only problem I have with SF is that they will only accept credit cards which I won't use. Everyone else has to charge a mark up on their batteries.