6P/KT1 combo

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Was thinking of putting a setup like this together as I really like the size format of it. I have done some homework on it but my main question is can anyone tell me what kind of throw it will have? I know it's old school and will be nothing compared to modern throwers but a 6p incandescent thrower sounds cool. Thanks

id30209

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have one and with N1 bulb throws unbelivably far!
Those parabolic reflectors you just can't beat. If you put N2 or MN15-16 bulb you'll get an incan lightsabre.
Love it!

thermal guy

Flashaholic
That's kinda what I was hoping to hear. Just have to find a KT1 and start this project. Thanks

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Get an extender or two and run the MN16 LA when you get your KT1, it's all you need for distance. Or, go with the N1 LA.

Bill

novice

Flashlight Enthusiast
You could get an E1W "Winelight", take off the bezel, add an E2C adapter, and then try to find a Fivemega ribbed turbohead, which will take a Surefire R30 3.0 volt lamp assembly. The end result would be an E1W-T "WineThrower". That's probably about the limit of "short and stubby". I am being somewhat silly, of course, and truly mean no disrespect. I have those components, and should probably set up a photo someday. I wish you luck in the search for either a KT-1, or KT-2 (The only difference being in the lamp assembly that came with it.) If you find one, and ever have a need to remove the lens retaining ring as part of the process of reaming out the "channel" for an aftermarket 'tower' bulb adapter; I found that the brass "long shim" stock at a local hardware store worked well when I schlepped my KT-1 into the store. I didn't buy the long "brass shim stock"; I just "borrowed it" for a couple of minutes, in order to unscrew the lens retaining ring.

archimedes

Flashaholic
But then it wouldn't be a 6P. That short stubby look I like.

.... That's probably about the limit of "short and stubby". I am being somewhat silly, of course, and truly mean no disrespect....

Like this ? ...

LoDJANf.jpg

Yep, it works, and it throws a beam like a laser[emoji317]

thermal guy

Flashaholic
ILL TAKE IT! 😂😂 leave it to you to have that thing. What head is that please.

novice

Flashlight Enthusiast
Archimedes,
Yes, what kind of a turbohead is that, and what kind of a bulb do you put in it that runs off of 3.7?

archimedes

Flashaholic
ILL TAKE IT! 😂😂 leave it to you to have that thing. What head is that please.

Archimedes,
Yes, what kind of a turbohead is that, and what kind of a bulb do you put in it that runs off of 3.7?

Hahaha, sorry I probably shouldn't have posted an LED in this forum ... so I'll call myself for being off-topic :D

That, uhh, "torch" ... is cobbled together from a mishmash of parts. McGizmo, Aleph, TnC, V54, and Mr Bulk (IIRC)

Kestrel

Flashaholic
A long time ago, I had a very efficient custom low-voltage LED tower for a KT1 Turbohead - was a nifty pairing with a 6P body of mine bored for 1x18650, and looked pretty cool to boot. For its day, it was probably the most efficient thrower possible. Kinda miss it on occasion, but ended up really preferring the standard Z44 head. When I'm back on my main computer, I'll post back with a few pics. :)

And yes, since this is the /Incan/ subforum, I'll leave out the blueish SSC P4 beamshot, lol. ;)

Last edited:

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a few KT heads, some NIB, but I have a really nice condition user in type II black. I've paired it with a Surefire 6 volt weaponlight body, a one cell extender, a Z41-BK twisty, and Surefire MN15, and a lanyard from some cheap light. You gotta love those super function lights that have a few minor character marks on them.