Quark turbo??

chevyrulz

Newly Enlightened
So I lost my quark turbo, it was old as hell paid maybe $50 for it, took two cr123a batteries, US MADE IN GEORGIA...out out like 400+ lumens, is there anything similar? All I know is fenix, and they r Chinese...

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
So I lost my quark turbo, it was old as hell paid maybe $50 for it, took two cr123a batteries, US MADE IN GEORGIA...out out like 400+ lumens, is there anything similar? All I know is fenix, and they r Chinese...

Pretty sure the Quark were never made in USA and they and almost all lights like them are made in China these days.
Many here are huge fans of the lights but the company was recently shut down and sold.
There are many,many lights that should compare too and maybe you should look around a little.

Olight was a manufacturer for 4/7s who made the Quark and I guess I would look at them.

Also the brand has been purchased by Prometheus Lights and is soon to release new Quark lights so check those out for sure.

But there are countless lights now that are similar so.....

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast
Clarification: Four Sevens was not shut down, it was sold to Prometheus Lights/Dark Sucks. There are a few threads about it, and the new owner has the new MK III Quarks coming out soon(they will be sold with a 16650 rechargeable, but can still run off 2xCr123A).
AV Service, I am very curious, could you share what your source is as to saying that Olight manufactured
The Four Sevens lights is? I know David Chow, the former owner of Four Sevens was on Olight's Board of Directors for a while but is not anymore.
The brand new Preons(new styling, new user interface, Nichia Hi CRI LEDs) were just shipped and mine will be delivered tomorrow. There are all kinds of exciting things happening with Four Sevens under the direction of Jason Hui(founder of Prometheus Lights/Dark Sucks). He does sell lights that are made in the USA, but I am not aware of any of the Four Sevens lights that are made here-there is a link on the Prometheus Lights website that explains what lights are made here and how things are labeled to make sure the country of origin is clear for lights and components. Here is a photo of my Four Sevens Collection, but I have another 15-20 Four Sevens lights that I purchased in the last few months not shown:
https://i.imgur.com/BmEauGi.jpg
https://m.imgur.com/BmEauGi
Just the "Minis":
https://i.imgur.com/VY9m0Qj.png
You should also check out posts from Chance Gardiner, who has the best collection of Four Sevens Lights I have seen(also the only other person I know who has a Green Penlight Prototype like mine that never made it to production....).

Last edited:

chevyrulz

Newly Enlightened
Thanks y'all, I just loved the simplicity of having 2 readily accessible modes while being able to program them to whatever I wanted, I left it with loose bezel for low and tight for turbo, hate that I lost that light, used it for spot lighting channel markers but could quickly go to low mode if I needed to gain battery life or just walking around n the woods

I guess fenix is my best bet?

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
None of this is really to the OP and I am not going to hijack his thread with this but I think it is pretty much common knowledge that this happened some.
Ever see the Preon II Penlight or the most recent Mini vs S1 and notice a more than passing resemblance?

Anyway none of this speaks to the question here so why don't we take it somewhere else.

Clarification: Four Sevens was not shut down, it was sold to Prometheus Lights/Dark Sucks. There are a few threads about it, and the new owner has the new MK III Quarks coming out soon(they will be sold with a 16650 rechargeable, but can still run off 2xCr123A).
AV Service, I am very curious, could you share what your source is as to saying that Olight manufactured
The Four Sevens lights is? I know David Chow, the former owner of Four Sevens was on Olight's Board of Directors for a while but is not anymore.
The brand new Preons(new styling, new user interface, Nichia Hi CRI LEDs) were just shipped and mine will be delivered tomorrow. There are all kinds of exciting things happening with Four Sevens under the direction of Jason Hui(founder of Prometheus Lights/Dark Sucks). He does sell lights that are made in the USA, but I am not aware of any of the Four Sevens lights that are made here-there is a link on the Prometheus Lights website that explains what lights are made here and how things are labeled to make sure the country of origin is clear for lights and components. Here is a photo of my Four Sevens Collection, but I have another 15-20 Four Sevens lights that I purchased in the last few months not shown:
https://i.imgur.com/BmEauGi.jpg
https://m.imgur.com/BmEauGi
Just the "Minis":
https://i.imgur.com/VY9m0Qj.png
You should also check out posts from Chance Gardiner, who has the best collection of Four Sevens Lights I have seen(also the only other person I know who has a Green Penlight Prototype like mine that never made it to production....).

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks y'all, I just loved the simplicity of having 2 readily accessible modes while being able to program them to whatever I wanted, I left it with loose bezel for low and tight for turbo, hate that I lost that light, used it for spot lighting channel markers but could quickly go to low mode if I needed to gain battery life or just walking around n the woods

Fenix,Nitecore and others still make a light that does just what you describe and Malkoff is an actual USA manufacturer whose bulletproof MD series lights also have that capability.

I agree simple is good most of the time!

JLeephoto

Newly Enlightened
Do yourself a favor and look at the Malkoff MD2 with Hi/Lo or the Hounddog 18650. Simple, high quality, highly efficient and US made by Gene. Don't let the lumen counts fool you. The beautiful throwy beams on those heads look a lot brighter than their ratings.
I'm planning on an MD4 tube with Hounddog head for my truck/boat light to serve the same purpose as you.

Last edited:

If you'd rather stick with what you had, there's a new one on the bay for $35 - shipping included. :hitit:

~ chance

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Chevyrulz,
In addition to what Chance mentioned above, there are also a few Titanium Quark heads that would match the Quark body, so it could be a backup(at a very attractive price too). If after all is said & done, if you are unsuccessful then PM me & I will see if I can take care of it for you.....

USC

Newly Enlightened

I was/am a FourSevens fan too. I bought a standard (not turbo) Quark 2AA and a Preon2 maybe 8 years ago. I lost my Quark and decided I couldn't do without it so I bought another. The next year, when winter came, I found the original Quark in my coat pocket. I didn't realize it was there when I put my coat away after the winter. The same thing happened with my Preon, except I found it under the couch. So now I have two of both and life is good. Hopefully you find yours too.

Just to give you another option, you may want to look at Zebralight. I've never used one until today, but I just ordered one and judging by my initial impressions of just one single light, I think they make really good stuff. The UI is different and I'm not sure if they make a long throw head like the Turbo Quark, but they have a lot of different lights to choose from. I think it's worth a look.

Burgess

Flashaholic
Great thread here !

lovecpf

I have a 47's Quark Turbo (2xAA)
with a Warm-White Cree emitter.

I've programmed it thusly:
Loose: LOW mode (not moonlight)

Tight: HIGH mode (not Turbo)

This works out perfectly for me !

I'd truly be CRUSHED if I ever lost this !

:eek:
_

holygeez03

Enlightened
Still looking for a valid replacement of my 1x14500 Quark Tactical Neutral.... great size, nice beam, decent temp/tint, grat momentary switch... just wish it had more power!