Jetbeam        

Thread: how much more runtime will i get with 3 aaa battery vs on cr2032

Default how much more runtime will i get with 3 aaa battery vs on cr2032

on my kitchen scale
    LED's have gotten too bright in our stuff. Many nights I'm awakened by my modem lights blinking.had help with my sig thank you for your help.

Default Re: how much more runtime will i get with 3 aaa battery vs on cr2032

aaa alkaline btw
    LED's have gotten too bright in our stuff. Many nights I'm awakened by my modem lights blinking.had help with my sig thank you for your help.

CR2032 is about 200mAh, AAA is about 1000mAh, but 3 AAA may be a bit too much, 2 is probably better.
    My website with battery, charger, usb reviews, comparisons & information: https://lygte-info.dk/
    Latest addition is multimeter reviews

Flashaholic*

Yeah, I'm not quite sure what his intention is. Does the scale optionally take 3xAAA batteries? If so, yes, go that route. It will give you many times the run-time, as HKJ points out.

But if you're thinking of wiring up a 3xAAA battery into the compartment that takes a CR2032, then it will definitely be high on the voltage. IIRC, a new CR2032 is something like 3.3v. Three new AAA alkalines in series will be 4.8v. Two would likely work fine (3.2v), but by the time they're half-depleted it will be down to around 2.6v, which might not be enough voltage to power the scale. Even so, it will give more run time than a CR2032.

Quote Originally Posted by WalkIntoTheLight View Post
    Yeah, I'm not quite sure what his intention is. Does the scale optionally take 3xAAA batteries? If so, yes, go that route. It will give you many times the run-time, as HKJ points out.

But if you're thinking of wiring up a 3xAAA battery into the compartment that takes a CR2032, then it will definitely be high on the voltage. IIRC, a new CR2032 is something like 3.3v. Three new AAA alkalines in series will be 4.8v. Two would likely work fine (3.2v), but by the time they're half-depleted it will be down to around 2.6v, which might not be enough voltage to power the scale. Even so, it will give more run time than a CR2032.
    my old scale used a 2032 and man o man so many times id step on it and the battery would be dead im just trying and hopeing my new scale with 3 aaa s will last longer

Go with 2 Energizer AAA L92s as I wouldn't put alkalines in anything valuable especially something used in a damp environment with a chance of getting spills on it.
    Fenix Split rings 1400+ sent, SWIVELS now available also!
    Psalm 112:4 Light shines in the darkness for the godly. They are generous, compassionate, and righteous.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynx_Arc View Post
    Go with 2 Energizer AAA L92s as I wouldn't put alkalines in anything valuable especially something used in a damp environment with a chance of getting spills on it.
    cool i ordered 24 of them i cant belive how cheap they are now i got them for like a tad over 1 buck per battery

Quote Originally Posted by raggie33 View Post
    cool i ordered 24 of them i cant belive how cheap they are now i got them for like a tad over 1 buck per battery
    If you have a Sam's club they were on sale $16 for 18 I believe plus applicable taxes.
    Fenix Split rings 1400+ sent, SWIVELS now available also!
    Psalm 112:4 Light shines in the darkness for the godly. They are generous, compassionate, and righteous.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynx_Arc View Post
    If you have a Sam's club they were on sale $16 for 18 I believe plus applicable taxes.
    dang i recall paying like 14 bucks for 4