RofisLight        
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Zebralight H53FW issues

  1. #1

    Default Zebralight H53FW issues

    Hello
    This is my first post.
    I have just received my Zebralight headlamp, the H53FW.
    I have a couple of issues with it, one of which on reflection I could perhaps have worked out would have been a problem before ordering but nonetheless I'm surprised at.
    The second is, I think a quality control issue but I stand to be corrected.
    Okay.... the quality control issue is concerned with the 'groove' for want of a better word, that is cut into the main body to accommodate the clip.
    I'm hoping someone else has this flashlight/headlamp and can tell me what theirs is like but on mine one of the edges of this groove is very severe and sharp whereas the other is far less aggressive and fairly nicely de-burred/rounded off. The sharp edge can actually shave your skin if you rub it with a finger!
    Has anybody else got this problem?
    I would have expected better from a 70 quid headlamp!
    The other niggle is the fact that the clip itself on this variant can not be oriented in such a way as to clip it to a rucksack strap (apart from upside down of course).
    It looks like with previous Zebralight headlamps you have been able to clip it in a couple of places and hence clip it the right way up on your rucksack for example. This seems to be a design oversight but I'd appreciate thoughts on this.
    I am still to get to grips with the UI but I expected a learning curve there and the included instructions aren't much help to be honest.
    I like the form factor apart from the bad machining if that's what it is and am happy with the beam on this torch.
    Thanks in advance guys

  2. #2

    Default Re: Zebralight H53FW issues

    Quote Originally Posted by asinlord View Post
    Hello
    This is my first post.
    I have just received my Zebralight headlamp, the H53FW.
    I have a couple of issues with it, one of which on reflection I could perhaps have worked out would have been a problem before ordering but nonetheless I'm surprised at.
    The second is, I think a quality control issue but I stand to be corrected.
    Okay.... the quality control issue is concerned with the 'groove' for want of a better word, that is cut into the main body to accommodate the clip.
    I'm hoping someone else has this flashlight/headlamp and can tell me what theirs is like but on mine one of the edges of this groove is very severe and sharp whereas the other is far less aggressive and fairly nicely de-burred/rounded off. The sharp edge can actually shave your skin if you rub it with a finger!
    Has anybody else got this problem?
    I would have expected better from a 70 quid headlamp!
    The other niggle is the fact that the clip itself on this variant can not be oriented in such a way as to clip it to a rucksack strap (apart from upside down of course).
    It looks like with previous Zebralight headlamps you have been able to clip it in a couple of places and hence clip it the right way up on your rucksack for example. This seems to be a design oversight but I'd appreciate thoughts on this.
    I am still to get to grips with the UI but I expected a learning curve there and the included instructions aren't much help to be honest.
    I like the form factor apart from the bad machining if that's what it is and am happy with the beam on this torch.
    Thanks in advance guys
    I just ordered a H53W. I checked mine after reading your post and noticed that the edge of the groove closest to the tail cap is less rounded off than the others. I wouldn't call it shaving sharp, but it's a noticeable difference. Mine is not so bad that I can't live with it. I probably wouldn't have even noticed if I didn't read your post. Sucks you had issues. Try contacting them about it. I've never dealt with their customer service but hopefully they make it right.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Zebralight H53FW issues

    Quote Originally Posted by USC View Post
    I just ordered a H53W. I checked mine after reading your post and noticed that the edge of the groove closest to the tail cap is less rounded off than the others. I wouldn't call it shaving sharp, but it's a noticeable difference. Mine is not so bad that I can't live with it. I probably wouldn't have even noticed if I didn't read your post. Sucks you had issues. Try contacting them about it. I've never dealt with their customer service but hopefully they make it right.
    Many thanks for your response! I've emailed the seller, flashaholics here in the UK to get their thoughts. I'm starting to suspect that the edge of the groove closest to the tail cap is actually the edge of a separate piece of aluminium that is fitted to the end of the main body somehow; I may ask Zebralight themselves; they should know. Thanks again. BTW are you bothered that the clip only allows you to clip it upside down?

  4. #4

    Default Re: Zebralight H53FW issues

    I've just heard back from the retailer here in the UK who have checked another in stock and confirmed that is the same; so the edge closest to the tail cap must be quite sharp compared to the next on along (which forms the cut out for the clip), on all these lights for some reason.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Zebralight H53FW issues

    Quote Originally Posted by asinlord View Post
    Many thanks for your response! I've emailed the seller, flashaholics here in the UK to get their thoughts. I'm starting to suspect that the edge of the groove closest to the tail cap is actually the edge of a separate piece of aluminium that is fitted to the end of the main body somehow; I may ask Zebralight themselves; they should know. Thanks again. BTW are you bothered that the clip only allows you to clip it upside down?
    I honestly have not even put the clip on it. I bought it to use getting in/out of the woods during deer season. When itís not on my head, it will be in my hunting pack.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Zebralight H53FW issues

    I have a H53Fw that I have had for a couple of years and the edges are very smooth..Must be only the latest ones that have a problem..
    I'd contact Zebralight, their customer service is pretty good...

  7. #7

    Default Re: Zebralight H53FW issues

    I returned it to the retailer who were very good about it; they checked another in stock and it was the same. The edge closest to the tailcap being quite sharp.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •