what light is your go to light when you need a bunch of lumens from a handheld night

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i like my acebeam x80. only thing i dont like about it is i cant get the infrared seting to work it goes from red to some crazy cop car looking light

dotCPF

Flashlight Enthusiast
Up until the last month or so, it has been an Armytek Wizard XHP, or Acebeam K60.

The K60 is still up there, but now it will probably be the Meteor and Q8 mainly.

(I don't have any monster 10k lumen lights)

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
Since I got this Wowtac A2S I've been using it a lot it also can be used as a handheld right angle flashlight.

Rasher

Enlightened
X70vn: There is no substitute at this time for "production" hand-held light vomiters, though the Imalent R90c gets honorable mention for a more focused, projectile light vomiting.

Need a Light?

Newly Enlightened
Isn't every light handheld? Lol but for me, I'm a few generations behind. My brightest single cell is my S41S, which gets regular use on turbo.

But realistically the times I need a "bright" light, 2-300 well focused lumens do the trick. So while my S41S may be my choice for a walk to the backyard or whilst looking under the hood, my most used lights for "bright" use are a convoy C8 xm-l2 neutral/warm, and my 200 lumen mag xl50. I guess bright is different when your first reach is incandescent.

Keitho

Enlightened
Still the noctigon m43, usually nichia version...and sometimes an x7vn when I want to show off >20k lumens

usdiver

Flashlight Enthusiast
Usually my HDS 250 or First-Light T Max 700 will do... but if that's not enough and If the Surefire M6LT at over 1000 lumens modded for two 18650's isn't enough back up is the Surefire UDR Dominator! Very rare that I need to call the later into duty!

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Isn't every light handheld?

IMG-20180129-220948.jpg

Well....

SwellGuy

Newly Enlightened
Surefire MV backup body, with Oveready TorchLabs v5 Scout "E Series" head. 1000+ Lumens wall of light, in a super small package. Wildy programable! Here is a standard Microstream for size comparison. It has to fit in my pocket for me to use it!

tEuLig3.jpg

Last edited:

fmc1

Enlightened
i like my acebeam x80. only thing i dont like about it is i cant get the infrared seting to work it goes from red to some crazy cop car looking light

If you are seeing the police strobe that means you have the second generation UI. To get UV do this. From off hold down the button, first you get moon continue holding until you see red then release. Then hold down again and it will cycle red, green, blue then UV. You are not releasing after you see red.

Frank

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
As much as I am impressed by 4x18650 (or larger) lumen cannons, they're just not very convenient to me. Fun for a few minutes around the yard, but too large and heavy to carry around on a hike.

I find I really only need 1000 lumens. For that, I find one of my 1x18650 Zebralights are very small and convenient to carry, and provide more than enough output. SC64w HI if I want the smallest one to pocket carry. SC600w HI or SC600w Plus for more throw or output, though I seldom need it.

90% of the time I'm only using 50 lumens on a walk. 99% of the time if I meet someone else using a flashlight, theirs isn't even capable of that.

If I'm using 10,000+ lumens, I'd better be far away from any other humans, because it just draws too much attention.