dont be jealous

raggie33

*the raggedier*
power went out tonight i had a blast i a course gave some of my lights away to help those in the dark then i played with my light . it is wild how bright even 10 lumens is when there is no other light . only bad thing iss i had no power for my generator

Need a Light?

Newly Enlightened
When you use a light in proper dark it reminds you of how people got by with incandescent bulbs just fine. While I love the crazy brightness standard that now exists, I still love and use incandescent regularly.

Regardless, it's not much for edc aside from a Surefire or some such. Being able to carry 2-3 lights casually is maybe one of the best parts of LED ability. I always have a solitaire LED on my keychain, and usually carry a real light or two in addition. Even when it's day, losing power in a building means you're in business!

FRITZHID

Flashlight Enthusiast
When you use a light in proper dark it reminds you of how people got by with incandescent bulbs just fine. While I love the crazy brightness standard that now exists, I still love and use incandescent regularly.

Regardless, it's not much for edc aside from a Surefire or some such. Being able to carry 2-3 lights casually is maybe one of the best parts of LED ability. I always have a solitaire LED on my keychain, and usually carry a real light or two in addition. Even when it's day, losing power in a building means you're in business!
I edc 5 lights minimum. Lol

Need a Light?

Newly Enlightened
I edc 5 lights minimum. Lol

Ha! That's awesome. But surely you agree it's just because you want to. I carry one as much as I can in case I'm in a building that loses power (and I'd rather not waste my phone battery which is my only outside contact) and I need light. Usually two though, just to be sure I have a dedicated light that's working. Time to time I carry more, and when I have my backpack (common) I have another few lights.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
The one thing I like about power outages is all the light pollution in the neighborhood is gone and a light that throws at all can light up things big time.