aragorn new member please welcome

TrevorNasko

Flashlight Enthusiast
Atlanta, GA>> The Flashlight that was broken shall
hi, i'm aragorn and i joined a few days ago. i spend over $60 a month on flashlights(led) and have an inventory of 24 lights so far. when i am broke i make retrofits and flashlights to feed my need for leds. everytime i think about leds i feel giddy. their just so cool. i'm never far from an led( i'm typing by a new red led retrofit now
wink.gif
)
where i live nobody understands my love for leds. my mom says i'm adicted to leds and i probobly am but i sure don't want to stop. the funny thing is most 18 year olds are fighting with their parents about the satanic music they listen to. i like classical!
grin.gif
enough about me though. kudos to telephony. you are my hero. you are my foremost flashlight authority. now, time for my "newbe contribution". wally mart $5 gamma ray clone good quality knock your socks off brightness a must buy. next, cmg o4 easy battery change(1 standard screw) easy led change (unlike the photon)and a slew of other benefits. now my questions for you 1) where can i find a uv led for my photon 2)who here works for lri (photon)

Telephony- your photon 3 like mine is on recall because of it's stiff switch

Silviron

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lite-Lover:
Hi
smile.gif

Y'know, we also have a Gandalf and a Hobbit on board ......

Mordred

wink.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And Silviron is a "magic ring" (that I make and sell) based somewhat upon the Rings in LOTR. (Still trying to forge that "One ring to rule them all" though.
wink.gif
)

D

**DONOTDELETE**

They are talking about The Hobbit & The Lord of the Rings, a series of novels by JRR Tolkien.

Gandalf & Aragorn are characters in the stories.

Silviron

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by napalm-2002:
excuse me but what r u guys talkin about!
confused.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

One of the three best "fantasy" book series ever written, and the one that made "swords & Sorcery type fiction "fashionable": "The Lord Of The Rings" Trilogy By J.R.R. Tolkien.

Bet Frodo wished he had a good LED light in the Mines of Moria!!

Or Bilbo in Gollum's lair.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lite-Lover:
Hi
smile.gif

Y'know, we also have a Gandalf and a Hobbit on board ......
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I go by Gate Of Destiny on one message board, and Gabumon on several others.
blush.gif

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Being a LOTR fan myself, I took the discussion as an opportunity to change my displayed name.
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
I kinda like the "appropriateness" of the name too!
smile.gif

"Quickbeam"
DP

(EDIT: Changed it back to avoid confusion)
(EDIT EDIT: OK back again after some postive feedback)

lightlover

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Silviron:
And Silviron is a "magic ring" (that I make and sell) based somewhat upon the Rings in LOTR. (Still trying to forge that "One ring to rule them all" though.
wink.gif
)
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Silviron, jump over to "Individual For Sale/Trade", and post details, maybe ?
(Does the ring light up ??)

I never realised that there were so many Tolkien fans here.

Doug P, jus' run the two names alongside each other for a while - Quickbeam is a great name for a Flashaholic !

Napalm, start with "The Hobbit", then read the "Lord Of The Rings" trilogy in sequence.
Really important to do that !

(Mentioning the Lady Galadriel - when I was but a mere youth, that perfect romantic character gave new meaning to "fantasy" novels ...... then I discovered ...... )

Jahn
blush.gif
smile.gif
wink.gif
rolleyes.gif

X-CalBR8

Flashlight Enthusiast
napalm-2002: LOL. You had better have some time on your hands when you go to read the Lord of the Rings trilogy. I enjoyed it very much, but it is quite long.
smile.gif
You will probably also want to read The Hobbit first so that you will have a better idea of what's going on in the Lord of The Rings. Also to anyone that hasn't seen them, the 3 animated movies are quite good (Even though they don't contain the 100th part of the books). The Hobbit, The return of the King, and the (unfinished) Lord of the Rings are the names of the animated movies based on the books, if anyone is interested.

The Lord of the Rings animation is one of the few animated movies ever made that used the Rotoscope method, which makes for some very realistic scenes. The Lord of the Rings animation was done by (master animator/fantasy illustrator) Ralph Bakshi who has done some other very excellent work. Sadly, they lost funding on the animated Lord of the Rings and so only got half way through the trilogy with the first animation. That is why it appears to end so strangely. I keep hoping that they will go back and do the second half.

If you ever get a chance, watch Fire & Ice also done by Ralph Bakshi. It is also done using the Rotoscope method and is one of the very best fantasy animations that I've ever watched! Sadly, it has been out of print for many years now and is practically impossible to find anywhere. I sold my mint condition copy on Ebay for nearly $100.00 and have been kicking myself for it ever since. Just copies of this movie sell for more than the price of a new movie! Hopefully they will release a DVD version of it someday soon.

Ralph Bakshi also did a cartoon named Wizards which also uses the Rotoscope method (the only other one that I know of that does). It is a really cool fantasy cartoon that is in print so no one should have a hard time finding a copy (Amazon.com has it). This animation is so different than anything else on the market that I don't even have anything remotely similar to compare it to. It is a less serious animation than Ralph's other works and has a strange sense of humor about it. If you want to watch something that is unlike anything else that you've ever seen, then give this one a try.
smile.gif

Also the live action movie is in the works and will be comprised of a trilogy of movies to go along with the trilogy of books. To say that I'm excited about this would be an understatement.
smile.gif
Check out http://www.lordoftherings.net/ for more info on the planned movies, the first of which is due out December 19, 2001.

Sorry for going so far off topic in this post, but I thought this info would make for a very interesting read for my fellow Fantasy fans.
smile.gif
BTW, welcome aboard Aragorn!

Silviron

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Aragorn:
do any of you undersand my new diction at the bottom? you should hint: remember i call myself aragorn<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Everyone laughed when Strider pulled out his short little one...

But when the Son of Arathorn pulled out his really big one, people were VERY impressed.

(we are talking swords here folks...)

Silviron

Flashlight Enthusiast
Silviron, jump over to "Individual For Sale/Trade", and post details, maybe ?
(Does the ring light up ??)

Napalm, start with "The Hobbit", then read the "Lord Of The Rings" trilogy in sequence.
Really important to do that !
:
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nope, it doesn't light up ...... but thanks for the IDEA!!!!!
smile.gif
I sell a lot of them to the "metaphysical & magic" crowd... Enough to keep me in LEDS any way... I don't think I should "pollute" this place with something non-light related, but a Yahoo (or any web search) for Silviron will turn it up.

And yes, THE HOBBIT should be read first, but if you don't like the Hobbit, don't let it turn you off on LOTR...

To me the hobbit was a somewhat childish book (well, it should be- JRRT wrote it for his young children) The LOTR is much more adult.

I am certainly looking forward to the new movie too- Bet they aren't going to make their fall - Christmas opening though since they are still filming...

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Doug P, jus' run the two names alongside each other for a while - Quickbeam is a great name for a Flashaholic !<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

OK, We'll give it a shot! BTW - For those of you who don't know or remember, Quickbeam was one of the "Ents" - Living, talking, moving, tree-like people who cared for the forests of Middle Earth - He was also strongly involved in the attack and demolition of Saruman's (bad guy) compound.

tongue.gif
Waaaayyyyy too much time on my hands!

DP