Fenix Outfitters        

Thread: Cheapest place to get legit Enloops?

Default Cheapest place to get legit Enloops?

Friends,

I need to buy some enloops (AA and AAA) for work. I used to get them at Costco but they don't appear to stock them anymore.

Anybody got a tip on where I can get a good deal on these?

Thanks,
    Dave

Default Re: Cheapest place to get legit Enloops?

AmazonBasics Rechargeables, white label white top.

Thomas Distributing is where I get mine usually.
    Always the real thing.

Yes, I like Thomas Distributing as well.
    ... is the archimedes peak

Excellent thanks for the tips. Are the Amazon Basics relabeled Enloops? I assume these are the ones StarHalo suggested. I don't see any with a white top.
    https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-...able+batteries

Also, could I please get a recommendation on a charger that will be easy for staff to use. I just need it for AA and AAA and something that hold more than 4 batteries...maybe 8 batteries...and not too expensive.

Thank you very much.
    David

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dave View Post
    Excellent thanks for the tips. Are the Amazon Basics relabeled Enloops? I assume these are the ones StarHalo suggested. I don't see any with a white top.
    Those are the white tops, the bit around the cathode/"button top".

I'll let someone else recommend a charger, I just use the ones that come with the Eneloops..

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dave View Post

Also, could I please get a recommendation on a charger that will be easy for staff to use. I just need it for AA and AAA and something that hold more than 4 batteries...maybe 8 batteries...and not too expensive.

Thank you very much.
    David
    Heads up: according to the customer reviews those batteries ceased to be rebranded Eneloops years ago. If you want actual Eneloops, which I imagine you do since you titled the thread "legit", I would recommend buying actual Eneloops. It's very common for rebrands to change what cell they're wrapping.

Quote Originally Posted by archimedes View Post
    Yes, performance differences and other issues have been discussed at length here on CPF ...
    Well I want my time back after reading all that, but you did say "discussed" and nothing about conclusions..

TL;DR - If you used specialized lab equipment to test batteries, you may notice a slight difference between some specific batches of Amazons and some specific batches of Eneloops, either of which may or may not be available. If you just need some decent rechargeable batteries, they're fine.

Discussion is what we do here ...

Newegg runs some pretty good sales on Fujitsu "Fujiloops" (Fujitsu makes Eneloops for Panasonic) from time to time. Right now they have have 4 packs of 2000mAh/2100 cycle AA Fujiloops for $9.35 with free shipping.

Check out IKEA's Ladda batteries. I suspect that they are Enloop. If you look on line, you'll see some people have been testing them as such. https://petapixel.com/2018/02/16/ene...a-5-batteries/ For me, they work just fine!

Flashaholic*

B&H is where i get my stuff.

I just buy Eneloops on Amazon. I always make sure it says “Sold and shipped by Amazon”. I don’t trust that other sellers have fresh stock. I don’t go crazy looking for deals. Sure, they’re a little more expensive, but if you’re using them regularly they pay for themselves very quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by marinemaster View Post
    B&H is where i get my stuff.
    It’s mandatory to order something from them just to get the catalog.

Quote Originally Posted by StarHalo View Post
    It’s mandatory to order something from them just to get the catalog.
    I live near there. It’s an impressive store. They even have a decent flashlight section.

Quote Originally Posted by Berneck1 View Post
    I just buy Eneloops on Amazon. I always make sure it says “Sold and shipped by Amazon”. I don’t trust that other sellers have fresh stock. I don’t go crazy looking for deals. Sure, they’re a little more expensive, but if you’re using them regularly they pay for themselves very quickly.
    This is my advice, too. Eneloops are more than worth their premium price to me when I consider their longevity, consistency and performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Berneck1 View Post
    Sold and shipped by Amazon don't mean anything anymore for me, as I bought 2 Samsung USB chargers from Amazon and they both had the same serial numbers on them. It seems Amazon buys it's stock from Alibaba as I found the same charger with the same serial number offered on there. So "Sold and shipped by Amazon" dose not equate genuine.

Disclaimer: I have nothing against Amazon this is just what I experienced when buying Smasung USB charger from them, one bad experience does not mean everything is not sourced from the manufacturer/maker. It has just left me questioning the validity of the product they sell.

What about Battery Junction do they sell genuine Eneloop’s?

Quote Originally Posted by Ron350 View Post
    What about Battery Junction do they sell genuine Eneloop’s?
    I’ve purchased from them as well. Always has a good experience.

I agree with above post.

Much Respect for Battery Junction !

Thanks for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by john1230 View Post
    Sold and shipped by Amazon don't mean anything anymore for me, as I bought 2 Samsung USB chargers from Amazon and they both had the same serial numbers on them. It seems Amazon buys it's stock from Alibaba as I found the same charger with the same serial number offered on there. So "Sold and shipped by Amazon" dose not equate genuine.

Disclaimer: I have nothing against Amazon this is just what I experienced when buying Smasung USB charger from them, one bad experience does not mean everything is not sourced from the manufacturer/maker. It has just left me questioning the validity of the product they sell.

I have had had the same issue with the Samsung chargers on amazon. I think I will try battery junction.

thanks